or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1204

post #18046 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Loafers are a tough fit for me. I don't currently own a pair. I have a high instep, and the complete absence of ANY ability to adjust fit in that area via lacing or strap closure means that if they are too tight in that area, the shoe simply won't work at all, even if the fit everywhere else is just fine. I'd pretty much never order a pair on-line, because the odds of fit failure are just too high.

For the same reason, Chelsea boots are a loafer fit taken to a nightmareish level. So naturally, I ordered a pair and hoped like hell they'd fit. :-)

In this case, I was encouraged by the fit of my Anthony Cleverley Cameron Oxfords. As with my Vass shoes, there seemed to be just a bit more than average instep allowance. They arrived (from the LeatherSoul sale), and I still half-expected the worst. But man, they fit like a dream! Must sacrifice a chicken to the shoe gods.

My thanks to my good friends at LeatherFoot here in Toronto, who provided a complimentary shine on these puppies even though they were purchased from a different retailer. The finish had been just a little flat, but that has been improved a good deal, particularly on the toe.

Without further babbling, here they are the Anthony Cleverley Rourkes:

Hosting provided by FotoTime

This may be owner bias talking, but do these boots have great lines, or what?

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Very, very nice Roger! If those come in dark brown I will have to get a pair.
post #18047 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post
 

Not a great lover of Chelsea boots, though I have at least one pair as a lazy slip on: I'm a bit like you, in that loafers tend to either be too sloppy in the heel or too tight in the forefoot, and it's hard to find a balance. Still, that's why I love single monks.

 

But as Chelsea boots go...those are absolutely stunning.  I love the shape and the medallion, but most of all, how they've made those panels of leather on the elastic like a lazyman.  I wonder if that also makes the sides less "sloppy", by having several smaller pieces of elastic rather than one big one?  

 

Anyway, great acquisition, Roger, those really are gorgeous.

 

Cheers Mimo - the things you like about them are the very things I like about them.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


I generally shy away from Chelseas since every pair I've owned had the elastic make that "ruffles" effect on the top after I think some of the elastic rip from the ends. I wonder if the leather pieces help prevent this from happening... If so, those are a nice pair to try. smile.gif

 

Thanks my man.  The leather accordian (not sure if that is the correct term or even a term at all) is certainly a different execution than the usual elastic alone.  It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post


Very, very nice Roger! If those come in dark brown I will have to get a pair.

 

Thanks J - I bet they'd be sweet in brown.  I had been looking for a dressy black bal-boot for some time, and when these popped up I thought they would serve just as well in that role.

post #18048 of 19386
Love that natural cordovan color; never seen it until now.
post #18049 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Loafers are a tough fit for me. I don't currently own a pair. I have a high instep, and the complete absence of ANY ability to adjust fit in that area via lacing or strap closure means that if they are too tight in that area, the shoe simply won't work at all, even if the fit everywhere else is just fine. I'd pretty much never order a pair on-line, because the odds of fit failure are just too high.

For the same reason, Chelsea boots are a loafer fit taken to a nightmareish level. So naturally, I ordered a pair and hoped like hell they'd fit. :-)

In this case, I was encouraged by the fit of my Anthony Cleverley Cameron Oxfords. As with my Vass shoes, there seemed to be just a bit more than average instep allowance. They arrived (from the LeatherSoul sale), and I still half-expected the worst. But man, they fit like a dream! Must sacrifice a chicken to the shoe gods.

My thanks to my good friends at LeatherFoot here in Toronto, who provided a complimentary shine on these puppies even though they were purchased from a different retailer. The finish had been just a little flat, but that has been improved a good deal, particularly on the toe.

Without further babbling, here they are the Anthony Cleverley Rourkes:

Hosting provided by FotoTime

This may be owner bias talking, but do these boots have great lines, or what?

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Simply fantastic ... the images and the beauty of these bespoke speak for themselves.

post #18050 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

 

Thanks J - I bet they'd be sweet in brown.  I had been looking for a dressy black bal-boot for some time, and when these popped up I thought they would serve just as well in that role.

 

Well apparently they were made in brown as well, beautiful as hell:

 

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

 

Luckily for my wallet they aren't available anymore. Unfortunately for my sanity, those will haunt me in my dreams..

 

(pictures from LeatherSoul)

post #18051 of 19386

Gianni - thank you kindly.

 

J - agreed - gorgeous as hell in brown.  My apologies for your sanity but take comfort in your fatter wallet. :)

post #18052 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

Gianni - thank you kindly.

 

J - agreed - gorgeous as hell in brown.  My apologies for your sanity but take comfort in your fatter wallet. :)

:):)Thank you for your kind reply .... you have very good taste.

post #18053 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Loafers are a tough fit for me. I don't currently own a pair. I have a high instep, and the complete absence of ANY ability to adjust fit in that area via lacing or strap closure means that if they are too tight in that area, the shoe simply won't work at all, even if the fit everywhere else is just fine. I'd pretty much never order a pair on-line, because the odds of fit failure are just too high.

For the same reason, Chelsea boots are a loafer fit taken to a nightmareish level. So naturally, I ordered a pair and hoped like hell they'd fit. :-)

In this case, I was encouraged by the fit of my Anthony Cleverley Cameron Oxfords. As with my Vass shoes, there seemed to be just a bit more than average instep allowance. They arrived (from the LeatherSoul sale), and I still half-expected the worst. But man, they fit like a dream! Must sacrifice a chicken to the shoe gods.

My thanks to my good friends at LeatherFoot here in Toronto, who provided a complimentary shine on these puppies even though they were purchased from a different retailer. The finish had been just a little flat, but that has been improved a good deal, particularly on the toe.

Without further babbling, here they are the Anthony Cleverley Rourkes:

Hosting provided by FotoTime

This may be owner bias talking, but do these boots have great lines, or what?

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

Hosting provided by FotoTime

I like the Bestetti like toe gap on those. They look like a pair of RMs used to look like before the quality dropped but have a far greater sleekness.
post #18054 of 19386

Thank you meister.

post #18055 of 19386
MY GOODNESS ROGER!

Those are incredible. I dont have a single pair of black shoes/boots but this seems so amazing
post #18056 of 19386

Cheers Justin - I am pretty tickled with them.

post #18057 of 19386
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Cheers Justin - I am pretty tickled with them.

I can imagine. When are we going to see them in an outfit?
post #18058 of 19386

I'll wear them around the house this weekend to break them in a bit and they'll get their maiden voyage some time early next week.

post #18059 of 19386
My Henry Baxter Classic chelsea boots are the best I've owned. Luckily for me, for a RTW boot, they fit like a glove.
post #18060 of 19386

^^^ I think you forgot the pic, my good man.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II