or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1197

post #17941 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiette View Post

“Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings.”

― Helen Keller

I won't be posting on this subject anymore. But next time you make a fashion purchase, please spare a moment and consider that all you are buying is the horrific pain and terror of an innocent animal.

The way I see it people will still eat meat even if we don't use the leather e.g. for shoes. If the animal still is killed I'd rather see we use as much of it as possible, instead of throwing away a bi-product like leather (because as you know, all the calf leather, which is standard for quality shoes, are remnants from the meat industry).

And the thing is that when buying high quality shoes, we automatically buy leather from animals that have had a relatively good life. Excellent leather don't come from animals being treated badly, living a stressful life and so on, it comes from those treated with care, who grows slowly and who get to spend their lives outside as much as possible. So you are kind of in the wrong place, if anything it's the people buying the cheap, glued leather shoes for $30 you should go blame. And they aren't on SF.
post #17942 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desiette View Post

“Science may have found a cure for most evils; but it has found no remedy for the worst of them all -- the apathy of human beings.”

― Helen Keller

I won't be posting on this subject anymore. But next time you make a fashion purchase, please spare a moment and consider that all you are buying is the horrific pain and terror of an innocent animal.

Actually I'm buying a product that makes me happy and supports the livelihood of hard working people, who I consider more important than animals. Animal slaughter is also typically painless with instant loss of consciousness. Your pathos rhetoric is so contrived.

You won't convince anyone here to feel remorse buying calf, so you'll be saving yourself and others a lot of time by following through with your plans of not posting.


Cheers
post #17943 of 19788
Gaziano & Girling Bramhall Vintage Rioja

post #17944 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Gaziano & Girling Bramhall Vintage Rioja


Aaaaand we're back in the room!
Very nice Wurger!
post #17945 of 19788

AE Townleys in shell:

 

 

Hosting provided by FotoTime

post #17946 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by barky View Post

Roger and HRoi,  what size do you wear in AC in comparison to say EG888?
9E AC and 9.5/10E EG888
post #17947 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post


9E AC and 9.5/10E EG888

 

I wear 9E AC and 9/9.5  E EG 888 - but I do feel the AC has a slightly higher instep. I do go to 9.5 for G&G TG73

post #17948 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post


The way I see it people will still eat meat even if we don't use the leather e.g. for shoes. If the animal still is killed I'd rather see we use as much of it as possible, instead of throwing away a bi-product like leather (because as you know, all the calf leather, which is standard for quality shoes, are remnants from the meat industry).

And the thing is that when buying high quality shoes, we automatically buy leather from animals that have had a relatively good life. Excellent leather don't come from animals being treated badly, living a stressful life and so on, it comes from those treated with care, who grows slowly and who get to spend their lives outside as much as possible. So you are kind of in the wrong place, if anything it's the people buying the cheap, glued leather shoes for $30 you should go blame. And they aren't on SF.

totally agree!!!!

 

you kill a lot more animals by buying 30-50$ shoes and throw them away after about 2 months when they ll look bad than investing ( like most here do) on a good pair of shoes  and keep it most of the time more than a decade!!!

 

Roger - Wurger great shoes Gents!!!

post #17949 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

AE Townleys in shell:


orig.jpg

Those shoes say comfort to me...the ultimate test...did I say that?
post #17950 of 19788

Snapped some photos of my recently acquired Bestetti semi-bespoke Mavericks this evening, and thought I might as well go ahead and share. It's in indoor lightning, after some wear, and with more focus on details than the pics I posted last week, so something a bit new at least. I can tell you that they are definitely the most comfortable shoes I own, the break in period was about five minutes (and I have really sensitive feet), they fit like gloves, and are both stable and soft at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #17951 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post
 

Snapped some photos of my recently acquired Bestetti semi-bespoke Mavericks this evening, and thought I might as well go ahead and share. It's in indoor lightning, after some wear, and with more focus on details than the pics I posted last week, so something a bit new at least. I can tell you that they are definitely the most comfortable shoes I own, the break in period was about five minutes (and I have really sensitive feet), they fit like gloves, and are both stable and soft at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What a show ... you picked a great color ... the more I see your new photos and more I fall in love ... I can not wait to receive my first I also bespoke.

post #17952 of 19788
...
post #17953 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Snapped some photos of my recently acquired Bestetti semi-bespoke Mavericks this evening, and thought I might as well go ahead and share. It's in indoor lightning, after some wear, and with more focus on details than the pics I posted last week, so something a bit new at least. I can tell you that they are definitely the most comfortable shoes I own, the break in period was about five minutes (and I have really sensitive feet), they fit like gloves, and are both stable and soft at the same time.





They give me the same sensation as my AS Cherry Moores but of course these being Bestetti take the vibe to a new level.fing02[1].gif
post #17954 of 19788
J.I: Those are just........
The way the pics look almost matt until the hi-shine toecap. Just spectacular. I look forward to the day I graduate to such finery. Wear them in rude health
post #17955 of 19788

Thanks Hroi and Roger. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II