a truly timeless classic ... beautiful
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/16/15 at 6:50pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 4:32 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1179
Styleforum Top Picks
Beautiful shoes, Foster & Sons.
I want to ask a question that was raised by member MoneyWellSpent in the Allen Edmonds thread. This is not to denigrate any work or members on here, but I always hear about how ugly Allen Edmonds' short caps are, yet, as is the case with Foster's, there is widespread approval...even praise for the small cap. I would like to know if there are any members on here who like the small cap on the Foster shoe but loathe the small cap on the Allen Edmonds shoe. If so, can you please explain why you feel this way? Thanks in advance, and again, Beautiful shoes Foster & Sons.
Is it really a small cap, though? Half of the pictures make it look that way, but the others look like there's more coverage. I wonder if this may be lens distortion.
I assume it has to be a smaller cap based on Foster and Son's response to the original comment.
The cap is quite small though there may also be some lens distortion. I happen to quite like the short toe cap look myself and admire the Allen Edmonds brand greatly too, it is no mean feat to maintain a US production facility in this day and age.
Foster & Son
I don't think you can look at any one attribute of a shoe and make a fair comparison. I think the legacy of a lot of shoemakers stems from their ability to make everything flow well together. So, I don't think it is fair to say, I don't like short caps, because a short cap can work in one context and not another. To me I see a lot of problems with AE's, but that's besides the point.
Interesting and good to know, thanks.
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 20 seconds ago
- › Need help with Levis 501XX possibly vintage jeans? 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › CALLIN ALL NINJAS SWD CHALLENGE THREAD 2/22/15-3/9/15 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Patrik Ervell FW12 Jeans - Dark Gray - Size 32 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...