or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1165

post #17461 of 19126
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

J - the Vass austerity brogues are every bit as stunning as I expected them to be - enjoy the heck out of them!
+1. Spectacular!
post #17462 of 19126
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I will get some soon. I actually just picked them up last night (along with the below photo). I was actually surprised to see how the back was done. It has an off center seam. Very interesting.


The off center seam is ostensibly to avoid the seam from showing when standing up, hence the seam hiding in the inner portion of the shoes.
post #17463 of 19126
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyJones View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

J - the Vass austerity brogues are every bit as stunning as I expected them to be - enjoy the heck out of them!
+1. Spectacular!

hell yeah, so nice!
post #17464 of 19126
...well, now, just as I thought that Vass pairs couldn't be improved (and I'm a fan of thicker soles), JI proves me wrong with museum calf. These look good enought to eat!

I seriously hope we haven't seen the last of museum calf now that Ilcea is dead. Someone must have bought the secrets of tanning and treating calf in this museum-like way.
post #17465 of 19126
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
 

first MTO with St. Nick @ Bespoke England on their way

 

 

 

These are just lovely.

post #17466 of 19126

(X-post from Vass thread)

 

Vass London Chukkas, F-last, Antique Cognac, size 43.5.

Sourced from Notch (thanks again!)

 

I hope you enjoy the pictures!

 

 

MOAR pictures! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by hoodog - 9/28/13 at 10:22am
post #17467 of 19126
^
Fantastic... icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #17468 of 19126
Latest addition to the Lattanzi collection: saddle shoes with grain (buffalo?) uppers, round toe, three eyelets, dull last and leather soles. These shots go out to Justin, who may just be the number one saddle lover online. This pair was an eye-opener -- the uppers have been stretched on the last with haste or force, leaving stretchmarks on one toe and above the welt. This really shouldn't happen at all with Lattanzi's prices and perceived otherworldly artisanal make, which they tout to all who lend their ears. Someone Fok'd up.

Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes__zpsb8a82300.jpg Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes_zpsd4d9db9f.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes03_zpsa157c775.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes05_zpsc2207fec.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes06_zps8c4c57a1.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes08_zpsbcf88f9a.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes07_zps6a0899b4.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes09_zps9b02e18c.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes10_zpsdd75c4f0.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes11_zps15af5ccc.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes14_zps3d77b746.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes12_zpsedff4714.jpg
Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes13_zps57adfd99.jpg
post #17469 of 19126
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

Latest addition to the Lattanzi collection: saddle shoes with grain (buffalo?) uppers, round toe, three eyelets, dull last and leather soles. These shots go out to Justin, who may just be the number one saddle lover online. This pair was an eye-opener -- the uppers have been stretched on the last with haste or force, leaving stretchmarks on one toe and above the welt. This really shouldn't happen at all with Lattanzi's prices and perceived otherworldly artisanal make, which they tout to all who lend their ears. Someone Fok'd up.

Silvano_Lattanzi_saddle_shoes__zpsb8a82300.jpg

Other than the issues described above, they look nice. Were these bespoke? I'm starting to think that the QC for bespoke shoes is often WORSE than top end RTW. Some of my recent pair from two different makers have come back with issues you would never see with EG. These issues have been so serious that EG probably would not even sell them as seconds. Crooked stitching, poor dye jobs, marks on the leather from lasting etc.
post #17470 of 19126
^These were a lucky find from eBay.de, a readymade golf pair with spikes removed. I would never pay full retail for shoes from SL. Their lasts are nice but not nice enough, with larger-than-usual heelcups, and the markups are huge. That said, their Norvegese pairs are definitely among the finest I've owned or handled, the stitches are as even and straight as they come. Lattanzi definitely has some talented makers.
post #17471 of 19126
my daily office cordovan beaters, Alden for Brooks Brothers and C&J for Ralph Lauren. Both are about 18 months old, It's time to add some new shoes into the rotation.

AppleMark
AppleMark
post #17472 of 19126

Just picked these up from AE's cordovan sale.  A bit scruffy but given first bit of attention last night, and will need some more.  Pleasure to wear so far.

 

post #17473 of 19126

They don't look scruffy to me from this distance - nice grab Mimo!

post #17474 of 19126

Thanks Roger - first little bit of TLC certainly made a difference and I'm loving wearing them.  How about patent leather silliness for $99?!  Wasn't sure how wearable these would be, but I'm kind of enjoying the nonsense of it.

 

post #17475 of 19126
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

my daily office cordovan beaters, Alden for Brooks Brothers and C&J for Ralph Lauren. Both are about 18 months old, It's time to add some new shoes into the rotation.

AppleMark
AppleMark

Are you using the mac method?

Could be the lighting, but those look overly shined. Did you over do the wax?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II