or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1164

post #17446 of 19665
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullb View Post



Thanks
You are right they had about 20 polishing sessions with blue wax and blue polish before having this kind of shine

OCD does have it's positives!
post #17447 of 19665
Quote:
Originally Posted by JermynStreet View Post

Patrick, any pictures of the backside? I imagine cordovan wholecuts without the gooseneck seam would be extraordinarily difficult to do, if done traditionally. Nice shoe.

I will get some soon. I actually just picked them up last night (along with the below photo). I was actually surprised to see how the back was done. It has an off center seam. Very interesting.

post #17448 of 19665
Some humble AE Cliftons:



A little Saphir cream & polish gave them a nice shine...
post #17449 of 19665

^

Very nice, deep colour!

post #17450 of 19665

Those AEs look fantastic.

post #17451 of 19665
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post

Those AEs look fantastic.

+1 Best AEs I've seen in a long time.
post #17452 of 19665
Debut outing for light Meermin austerity boots. xpost from Meermin thread.
post #17453 of 19665
Cross post from the black cap toe thread here

Loake Aldwych and Allen Edmonds Park Avenue



post #17454 of 19665

first MTO with St. Nick @ Bespoke England on their way

 

post #17455 of 19665
X-post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

On the platform under the CFL's.


In the office under the CFL's.

post #17456 of 19665



Lobb St James.
post #17457 of 19665

Cross post from the Vass-thread:  Austerity Brogues in New Gold Museum Calf on U-last.

 

 

 

 

 


 

MORE PICTURES HERE! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

post #17458 of 19665
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post
 

Cross post from the Vass-thread:  Austerity Brogues in New Gold Museum Calf on U-last.

 

even if i am not a very big fun o vass shoes cause of the thick soles this is a very beautiful pair!!! great choice j.ingevaldsson!!!:happy:

 

btw a general information on the design of the shoe and why it is called "Austerity brogue" even if it has no brogues at all(i have that question in the past too) :

 

here is  an excerpt from Nicholas Antongiavanni book , "the suit" :

 

The "full brogue" has perforations along every seam, from toe to heel. The Americans call it a "wing tip" because the toe decoration, instead of being straight, comes to a point and is said to resemble the wing of a bird. During the Second World War, when tight restrictions were placed on leather usage, English shoemakers offered full brogues without broguing, called "austerity brogues." Their distinctively sleek lines ensured their survival beyond the war, and they remain popular with dandies as an alternative to the plain cap toe

post #17459 of 19665

J - the Vass austerity brogues are every bit as stunning as I expected them to be - enjoy the heck out of them!

post #17460 of 19665
Quote:
Originally Posted by benhour View Post
 

even if i am not a very big fun o vass shoes cause of the thick soles this is a very beautiful pair!!! great choice j.ingevaldsson!!!:happy:

 

btw a general information on the design of the shoe and why it is called "Austerity brogue" even if it has no brogues at all(i have that question in the past too) :

 

here is  an excerpt from Nicholas Antongiavanni book , "the suit" :

 

The "full brogue" has perforations along every seam, from toe to heel. The Americans call it a "wing tip" because the toe decoration, instead of being straight, comes to a point and is said to resemble the wing of a bird. During the Second World War, when tight restrictions were placed on leather usage, English shoemakers offered full brogues without broguing, called "austerity brogues." Their distinctively sleek lines ensured their survival beyond the war, and they remain popular with dandies as an alternative to the plain cap toe

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerP View Post
 

J - the Vass austerity brogues are every bit as stunning as I expected them to be - enjoy the heck out of them!

 

Cheers! 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II