FYI: The tannery Ilcea has now gone bankrupt. RIP Museum calf. If you've been thinking about ordering a pair in Museum calf from John Lobb, Vass, DC Lewis or some other maker, now is the time to do it...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/2/15 at 10:20am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy Last post on Today at 7:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1136
Styleforum Top Picks
A person working in the leather industry. Apparently happened a couple of weeks ago. Did know that they had problems, but thought someone would come along and save them. According to the source there was many investors interested in the company, but seems like the debts was too large so no one felt it was worth it.
from MdP La Conceria - Il Settimanale dell'area Pelle (MdP The Tannery - The Weekly of the Skin)
Conceria Ilcea in liquidazione
Con una comunicazione ufficiale diffusa stamane, la conceria Ilcea comunica ai propri clienti e fornitori di essere stata messa in liquidazione “con decorrenza dal 24/7/2013”. Il liquidatore nominato è l’ex amministratore delegato Andrea Brunero. L’azienda torinese, specializzata nella concia di vitelli classici per calzatura uomo di lusso, era da alcuni mesi alle prese con difficoltà finanziarie che ne condizionavano l’attività, soprattutto nell’acquisto delle materie prime. Tra i clienti Ilcea figurano i migliori nomi della calzatura artigianale e fatta a mano. I suoi principali mercati di riferimento erano l’Italia (soprattutto Marche, Toscana ed Emilia Romagna) e la Gran Bretagna (area di Northampton).
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Tannery ILCEA in liquidation
With an official statement released this morning, the tannery ILCEA informs its customers and suppliers to have been placed in liquidation "with effect from 24.07.2013." The liquidator is appointed the former CEO Andrea Brunero. The Turin-based company, specializing in the tanning of calf classic luxury men's footwear, it was a few months struggling with financial difficulties that condizionavano activity, especially in the purchase of raw materials. Among the clients ILCEA include the best names in the footwear crafted and handmade. Its main markets were Italy (especially Marche, Tuscany and Emilia Romagna) and Great Britain (Northampton area).
I need to learn to take better pictures to be fair to my shoes. And maybe a new rug, aportney style.
Please impart any knowledge, tips and tricks.
Ha. Only one Meermin MTO in museum calf.
This is another useful photo from the same set, taking right after the last one, i.e., pressing the shutter button twice. And the focus is completely different. Ya I am a noooooob.
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 seconds ago
- › [FS]: Strike Gold Flannel (Blue/Red) (sz. L) 48 seconds ago
- › Sole Welting 1 minute ago
- › New APC New Standard size 28 INDIGO raw denim 2 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 4 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 5 minutes ago
- › [FS]:Stephan Schneider Crewneck (Dark Navy) (sz. 3) 6 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...