FYI: The tannery Ilcea has now gone bankrupt. RIP Museum calf. If you've been thinking about ordering a pair in Museum calf from John Lobb, Vass, DC Lewis or some other maker, now is the time to do it...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Yesterday at 7:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 8:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:04 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1136
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17027 of 201678/7/13 at 12:39pmpost #17028 of 201678/7/13 at 12:43pm
A person working in the leather industry. Apparently happened a couple of weeks ago. Did know that they had problems, but thought someone would come along and save them. According to the source there was many investors interested in the company, but seems like the debts was too large so no one felt it was worth it.post #17029 of 201678/7/13 at 10:38pmalas...
from MdP La Conceria - Il Settimanale dell'area Pelle (MdP The Tannery - The Weekly of the Skin)Quote:http://mdplaconceria.blogspot.com/2013/07/conceria-ilcea-in-liquidazione.html
Conceria Ilcea in liquidazione
Con una comunicazione ufficiale diffusa stamane, la conceria Ilcea comunica ai propri clienti e fornitori di essere stata messa in liquidazione “con decorrenza dal 24/7/2013”. Il liquidatore nominato è l’ex amministratore delegato Andrea Brunero. L’azienda torinese, specializzata nella concia di vitelli classici per calzatura uomo di lusso, era da alcuni mesi alle prese con difficoltà finanziarie che ne condizionavano l’attività, soprattutto nell’acquisto delle materie prime. Tra i clienti Ilcea figurano i migliori nomi della calzatura artigianale e fatta a mano. I suoi principali mercati di riferimento erano l’Italia (soprattutto Marche, Toscana ed Emilia Romagna) e la Gran Bretagna (area di Northampton).
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
Tannery ILCEA in liquidation
With an official statement released this morning, the tannery ILCEA informs its customers and suppliers to have been placed in liquidation "with effect from 24.07.2013." The liquidator is appointed the former CEO Andrea Brunero. The Turin-based company, specializing in the tanning of calf classic luxury men's footwear, it was a few months struggling with financial difficulties that condizionavano activity, especially in the purchase of raw materials. Among the clients ILCEA include the best names in the footwear crafted and handmade. Its main markets were Italy (especially Marche, Tuscany and Emilia Romagna) and Great Britain (Northampton area).post #17030 of 201678/8/13 at 12:39ampost #17031 of 201678/8/13 at 1:18ampost #17032 of 201678/8/13 at 1:56ampost #17033 of 201678/8/13 at 2:03ampost #17034 of 201678/8/13 at 4:01ampost #17035 of 201678/8/13 at 7:29am
I need to learn to take better pictures to be fair to my shoes. And maybe a new rug, aportney style.
Please impart any knowledge, tips and tricks.
Ha. Only one Meermin MTO in museum calf.post #17036 of 201678/8/13 at 8:03ampost #17037 of 201678/8/13 at 8:32ampost #17038 of 201678/8/13 at 8:45amI am just slowly learning lighting is a big problem for me. I need to learn how to focus and frame as well. Using an old Nikon D70 basically like point and shoot.
This is another useful photo from the same set, taking right after the last one, i.e., pressing the shutter button twice. And the focus is completely different. Ya I am a noooooob.post #17039 of 201678/8/13 at 8:54ampost #17040 of 201678/8/13 at 11:17am
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 37 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Guata 1983's Shoe Sale (AE, Alden, Rancourt, Florsheim, Sebago) 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 14 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...