or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1101

post #16501 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Alfred Sargent Bexhill Rustic Grain



Very nice.

post #16502 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Alfred Sargent shoe damage from Pediwear last month.





 

Very, very nice.

 

Do you use more than one shoe valet box for all of the various colors, cleaners, and waxes?

 

David

post #16503 of 19788
Hi David

I just use one box, and use just black, dark brown and mid brown polish.

I use the welt brush to apply dark brown since I only have one pair of oxblood, then the rest using the 2 sets that is provided.
post #16504 of 19788
Alfred Sargent Armfield Black



post #16505 of 19788
Herring by Alfred Sargent Drake oxblood



post #16506 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Hi David

I just use one box, and use just black, dark brown and mid brown polish.

I use the welt brush to apply dark brown since I only have one pair of oxblood, then the rest using the 2 sets that is provided
.

It looked like your collection was growing at a pace where you may be upgrading to a larger shoe valet chest:

 

post #16507 of 19788
Hopefully not, I have already told myself to stop, haha. peepwall[1].gif
post #16508 of 19788
I think shoe valet boxes are a waste of money. I picked myself up a vintage doctor's bag at an antique shop that I put all my shoe care stuff in.
post #16509 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I think shoe valet boxes are a waste of money. I picked myself up a vintage doctor's bag at an antique shop that I put all my shoe care stuff in.

Well, it's more aesthetics than function, nice blocks of wood! biggrin.gif

I used to have my shoe care in a tin can box.
post #16510 of 19788
Well, that is kind of my point. An old doctor's bag is better looking and more unique than perfect blocks of wood intended for shoe care products. Horses for courses.
post #16511 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Alfred Sargent Armfield Black Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

Herring by Alfred Sargent Drake oxblood Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Curious as how you sized on the Herring by AS. Do you take the same size as the Armfield, 109 last I assume? Thanks.
post #16512 of 19788
I sized the same, 6.5, 1966 last is close to 724 last, but more rounded toe. They do some nice styles that is normally only available in AS handgrade or MTO.
post #16513 of 19788
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

I sized the same, 6.5, 1966 last is close to 724 last, but more rounded toe. They do some nice styles that is normally only available in AS handgrade or MTO.

Thanks for the info! Also good to know you won't be taking shoes from me (I'm a 6F on the 724).

biggrin.gif
post #16514 of 19788
I used to own a shoe valet box. If the word nice can be employed to describe anything at all, these boxes are properly described as nice. They have the look and feel to make for great gifts, but will quickly become useless for any shoe nerd. They never have enough space for the many tincans and rags a collection needs. Now I just use a basket about the size of 1½ laptops, even this one is filled to the brim with girlish glee waxes, creams, rags, brushes.
post #16515 of 19788

^^  Made me laugh - thanks!  You and PB are exactly right.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II