or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1094

post #16396 of 19375
#8 lhs
argyles otc


Edited by mcarthur - 6/8/13 at 7:32pm
post #16397 of 19375
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullb View Post

Thank you all.

The base leather was really great regarding colour and quality. I have polished them regularly with different safir cream colour. This is just the result after about 2 years of regular maintenance. I can say I like the result and I love to wear them.

That's quite amazing how you managed to bleached the toe cap colors with just regular maintenance. None of my shoes lost that much color pigments despite being much older than two years.
post #16398 of 19375

^^ I guess if you keep using renovator and clear polish on one part, it will degrade the stain over time.  But I was wondering if he'd actually stripped a little of the original polish/finish at some point with alcohol or acetone.

post #16399 of 19375
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

That's quite amazing how you managed to bleached the toe cap colors with just regular maintenance. None of my shoes lost that much color pigments despite being much older than two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

^^ I guess if you keep using renovator and clear polish on one part, it will degrade the stain over time.  But I was wondering if he'd actually stripped a little of the original polish/finish at some point with alcohol or acetone.

I never used alcohol or acetone on this shoes.
The cap toe didn't bleached at all from the original it is just the contrast and probably the light at the time of the picture that make this feeling.
I have used about 6 different brown polish cream from very clear to very dark.
- Saphir : 30 Bronzed Brown - 34 Havane - 32 Boar Brown - 05 Dark Brown
- Grison : 03 Medium Brown - 18 Nevada Rich Brown
The trick is to apply new cream colour on the shine cap toe and then to brush and that make this shading.
And for the shoeshine cap toe I have used 3 different colours
- Saphir : 03 Light Brown - 05 Dark Brown - 19 Fawn
I did a treatment once every two week
This is a video I have already posted on another thread about my polishing technique : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seiZ5GEZa-Q
That's it really.
post #16400 of 19375
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai View Post

Just arrived!

Actually bid on these but the seller cancelled my bid; I think you made an offer to the owner he couldn't refuse. Good to see it ended up with a SF member!

Wear in good health!
post #16401 of 19375
whiskey indy
argyles otc

post #16402 of 19375
whiskey nst
cashmere otc

post #16403 of 19375
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

Actually bid on these but the seller cancelled my bid; I think you made an offer to the owner he couldn't refuse. Good to see it ended up with a SF member!

Wear in good health!

smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullb View Post


I never used alcohol or acetone on this shoes.
The cap toe didn't bleached at all from the original it is just the contrast and probably the light at the time of the picture that make this feeling.
I have used about 6 different brown polish cream from very clear to very dark.
- Saphir : 30 Bronzed Brown - 34 Havane - 32 Boar Brown - 05 Dark Brown
- Grison : 03 Medium Brown - 18 Nevada Rich Brown
The trick is to apply new cream colour on the shine cap toe and then to brush and that make this shading.
And for the shoeshine cap toe I have used 3 different colours
- Saphir : 03 Light Brown - 05 Dark Brown - 19 Fawn
I did a treatment once every two week
This is a video I have already posted on another thread about my polishing technique : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seiZ5GEZa-Q
That's it really.

The video is awesome!
post #16404 of 19375

Hi all. Hope you don't mind a wee cross-post from the Carmina thread. I'm running a group MTO (through Skoaktiebolaget) for the Carmina derby boot, model 80184 in Cognac shell cordovan. Click below for pic:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

You can find more details here. If you're after this type of boot (and hey, who wouldn't be?), joining this group MTO will get you an effective 30% price reduction on an individual order.

 

You can PM me or simply reply on the Carmina shoo p0rn thread.

 

Normal programming resumes now.

post #16405 of 19375
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



Hope the sewing work on the captoe is better/straighter than the exemplar above. That would be a second at any other shoemaker IMO
post #16406 of 19375
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Hope the sewing work on the captoe is better/straighter than the exemplar above. That would be a second at any other shoemaker IMO

 

I have to believe it's done on purpose. My MTO pair are exactly the same as above. This is another pair of Carmina captoe shell boots that I own where the stitching looks straight to me:

 

 

post #16407 of 19375
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Hope the sewing work on the captoe is better/straighter than the exemplar above. That would be a second at any other shoemaker IMO

 

Look again. Seems to me that the lack of straightness you are picking as a fault is actually matched to the curvature of the vamp. It seems to be similar on both shoes. I think it's deliberate. The pic above is lifted from Skoaktiebolaget's site and I doubt they would post a pair of factory seconds there.

 

I'm sure that if it were an actual fault, you would be able to return the boots. 

 

Nicely picked though, I'll give you that.

post #16408 of 19375
ravello nst
argyles otc


Edited by mcarthur - 6/11/13 at 7:42am
post #16409 of 19375
#8 nst
argyles otc

post #16410 of 19375
ravello nst boot
argyles otc

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II