Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Today at 10:34 am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 1:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: Yesterday
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1068post #16007 of 206184/25/13 at 10:37ampost #16008 of 206184/25/13 at 10:54ampost #16009 of 206184/25/13 at 10:52pmpost #16010 of 206184/25/13 at 11:24pmpost #16011 of 206184/26/13 at 10:30ampost #16012 of 206184/27/13 at 11:37am
I would say the real trouble is that you can't get enough of it.
From left the sublime Alden's color#8, Vass Burgundy, Alden Ravello and Saddle, I have others not pictured but I'm really missing cigar ^^^^^post #16013 of 206184/27/13 at 5:20pmQuote:
thank you for posting
good looking selection of shellspost #16014 of 206184/27/13 at 5:30pmpost #16015 of 206184/28/13 at 3:32pmpost #16016 of 206184/28/13 at 7:28pmpost #16017 of 206185/1/13 at 9:46amQuote:Originally Posted by kayjaybee
X-Post from the Official Shoe Care Thread. Hoping someone can comment...
Not sure if this would be considered "damage", but I'm a bit concerned with the way the left shoe of my Carmina PTBs is creasing...when I received them I noticed the leather was not as supple as I was used to getting from Carmina. The surface appeared dry and not smooth and the leather was very stiff and not soft like all the other pairs I have.
Well after about 7-10 wears the left shoe is creasing in a very ugly way and I'm afraid I've damaged them. Over the course of the last week I've applied a layer of Reno then some black Saphire creme polish. I let the shoes stand for about 5 days but the leather still felt the same so two nights ago I used some AE leather conditioner, let dry overnight, then applied some neutral Saphire creme polish as the conditioner would not buff very well. I then applied a few thin layers of wax to give them a slight shine but the left shoe would not take a shine as well as the right one, almost as if the leather was different.
The applications of creme and conditioner has seemed to help a bit but as you can see from the pics the leather still looks "grainy" and while a bit softer, it's still not as supple as my other pairs of Carmina shoes. Carmina is known for their fairly high quality calf sources but these have disappointed me.
I understand the left shoe may be a bit too long and that's why they are creasing more but I never expected the crease to be this extreme, especially with quality calf leather. Are the shoes ruined??? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I have the same problem with my shoes but apparently creases are normal especially with plain front shoes coz they have no place to crease normally, make sure you have a tight fitting pair of shoe trees which will stretch the leather a tincy bit and therefore stretch out the creases. Mink oil from shoesnob or Saphir Renovateur will soften the leather. But shoes will most definitely crease apparently from what I've read.post #16018 of 206185/1/13 at 9:59ampost #16019 of 206185/2/13 at 1:36am
I'm new here, but wanted to share my first two pairs of bespoke shoes by T. Januszkiewicz in Warsaw.
Thanks to all the Polish enthusiasts who helped me out.
My next shoe is a navy suede wholecut derby (5 eyelet) and will ready in July- I will post then!
I would recommend Mr Januszkiewicz to anyone, the shoes are fantastic, very comfortable, very well made, the suede could be
better but they look 10 time better in the flesh!
He [Mr J] is also a lovely old man, and a hero ( he fought against both the Nazis and Communists!) as someone from a family which
was repressed by the communists in Bulgaria I had great empathy for what he must have faced after the war in Poland.
He is also very, very good at his job, he gets every detail right, and he knows what he's doing when it comes to fit.
Go and get some shoes before he retires! He's 87 years old! Though, I think his patrons wish he keeps working till he's a 100!
price is about 570 euros with trees, little more for the boots.
PS: sorry about having to see my winter white legs- it's a 27C heatwave in Bulgaria and we're all in shorts!
Edited by sashko1 - 5/2/13 at 3:01ampost #16020 of 206185/2/13 at 1:50am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Suitsupply soho light grey flannel double breasted suit 98/148 14 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 24 seconds ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › What shape is my face ? 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 10 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 15 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 18 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts