or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 107

post #1591 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Too bad about that stiff, laterally inflexible pegged waist. I bet it's gemmed too--gonna blow up on you any minute now.
Just want to go on record and say that this was intended for laughs, not for serious criticism. And it certainly wasn't intended to stir up the commotion it did. All the same, it was a cheap shot, and I admit I shouldn't have gone there. I've apologized to DW by PM, and he's graciously accepted. It's the last time I'm going to mention either of the controversial issues. While I may still, very much as a layman, disagree with DW on some of the opinions he's posted here about shoe construction, I nonetheless respect him very much as a craftsman who has a degree of skill matched by few people in the world. We're all better off for his participation here at SF and, even if we disagree with him on some things, he ought to get at least an occasional break from the relentless snark.
post #1592 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post

Wow, I see some fancy Christmas shoes there in the center.

What is the sole material of the shoes in the back row? Some kind of thick crepe?

Navy bal boot =
post #1593 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Just want to go on record and say that this was intended for laughs, not for serious criticism. And it certainly wasn't intended to stir up the commotion it did. All the same, it was a cheap shot, and I admit I shouldn't have gone there. I've apologized to DW by PM, and he's graciously accepted. It's the last time I'm going to mention either of the controversial issues. While I may still, very much as a layman, disagree with DW on some of the opinions he's posted here about shoe construction, I nonetheless respect him very much as a craftsman who has a degree of skill matched by few people in the world. We're all better off for his participation here at SF and, even if we disagree with him on some things, he ought to get at least an occasional break from the relentless snark.
I want to express my deepest appreciation and my heartfelt thanks for this post. It is people like Orgetorix that renew my faith and keep me posting on StyleForum. As for agreeing with me...it's not required nor expected. Even shoemakers will disagree among themselves on occasion. All I would require...if it were up to me...is reasoned discourse that occasionally rises above the level of a twitter-feed. Thank you again, Orgetorix...and all the others who have offered words of support.
post #1594 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngScholar View Post
Wow, I see some fancy Christmas shoes there in the center.What is the sole material of the shoes in the back row? Some kind of thick crepe? Navy bal boot =
It's hard to tell but with the limited amount of information provided by the photo, I would say it is some sort of injection molded rubber.
post #1595 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
Imai Hiroki

Im kind of loving the Xmas wingtips in a funny way.
post #1596 of 20747
post #1597 of 20747
Nice Moo...AE black shell?
post #1598 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Nice Moo...AE black shell?

Thank you.

Not quite. I'll let a few others guess and then reveal.
post #1599 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Thank you.

Not quite. I'll let a few others guess and then reveal.

AE Park Ave black calf?
post #1600 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post
AE Park Ave black calf?

You guys are on the right track, but no. Not AE.
post #1601 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
You guys are on the right track, but no. Not AE.

These look a lot like Johnston and Murphy balmorals.
post #1602 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
I'm a shoemaker not an English teacher. But your point is well taken. If one is going to try to communicate with other people, the starting position ought to be respect enough to proof read. And edit.

" to insecure to think objectively"

Grammer was not my point. I just wanted highlight the thought. Many guys here are too insecure to think objectively. After all, this is a style forum for men.
post #1603 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
Imai Hiroki

Love the greenish longwings, and he's got side laces, too
Some other stuff from http://imaihiroki.com/


One buckle too much for my liking...

Cheers
post #1604 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr monty View Post
" to insecure to think objectively" Grammer was not my point. I just wanted highlight the thought. Many guys here are too insecure to think objectively. After all, this is a style forum for men.
My apologies. I guess that's why my posts tend to be longer...I understand the limitations of 140 characters and am reluctant to contribute to the almost inevitable confusion that may result. BTW, I agree with you.
post #1605 of 20747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
You guys are on the right track, but no. Not AE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poshak Man View Post
These look a lot like Johnston and Murphy balmorals.

+1.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II