The sole really is sewn on to the bottom of the uppers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Today at 3:59 am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1035post #15511 of 204662/16/13 at 1:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #15512 of 204662/16/13 at 2:06pm
That's a much clearer picture. I don't know how it is done because 1) I still believe that is a unit sole and basically mounted using an injection process; and 2) I don't have any first hand experience with such methods, but I do think you are correct--it is somehow sewn to the shoe.post #15513 of 204662/16/13 at 6:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by Scbrown
I am new to the forum and having picked these up yesterday, after having the luggage for awhile, thought they would be a good first post. I believe they are C&J for Brooks Brothers. Apologies for the poor pictures, dorm rooms are not great for photos and neither is my camera.
love these. how do they fit? could you post pics of the the outsole?post #15514 of 204662/16/13 at 6:07pmpost #15515 of 204662/16/13 at 6:08pmpost #15516 of 204662/16/13 at 6:48pmpost #15517 of 204662/16/13 at 6:50pmpost #15518 of 204662/16/13 at 6:52pmQuote:
They fit very well, a half size large than my 337 Last Cliffords. I hope the marking will tell you. The tweed feels like it will hold up.post #15519 of 204662/16/13 at 7:02pmpost #15520 of 204662/16/13 at 7:26pmpost #15521 of 204662/16/13 at 10:59pmQuote:
OK, I hear you. Cliff Roberts is a hit and miss type of guy, so am not surprised. Might give it another go after Renomat, and then try to return them. They're too small in any case. Thanks for the feedback guys.post #15522 of 204662/17/13 at 2:06ampost #15523 of 204662/17/13 at 6:49ampost #15524 of 204662/17/13 at 10:41amWoke up hungover this morning and decided it would be a good idea to attempt a spit shine on some of my shoes. Got a bit carried away but pretty happy with the results for a first attempt. Thanks to all the great information on the forum, specifically the shoe care thread and Crat's video.
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Currently, there are 1672 Active Users (401 Members and 1271 Guests)
- › Shoes for Sale: Alden, Vass, A.Testoni and Cheaney 22 seconds ago
- › Loafers with a suit? 42 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › is it ok to wear short sleeve shirts? 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...