Is it me or does the EG, Cleverly, St. Crispin shell look almost like new. Have all of these been worn?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 3/24/15 at 6:11pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 3/25/15 at 5:03pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:12 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Guide to shoe lasts / where to buy narrow fitted shoes? Last post on 10/23/12 at 2:51pm in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1033
Styleforum Top Picks
Most pics were taken when the shoes were new. The exceptions are the Aldens b/c they were purchased before I got in the habit of shooting pics, crappy as they are.
Any idea why this "mold" has appeared and if there's anything I can do about it? Rest of the shoe takes polish well as you can see.
Pretty soon they'll be shiny like these:
A part of my toecap won't take any polish, even after hours spent working them with saphir wax. Shoes are bespokish made by Cliff Roberts in Northhampton. They had a rather bland tan color originally, which I have tried to darken and give some depth with darker polish/wax. Shoes have only been worn a few times, mostly inside.
Any idea why this "mold" has appeared and if there's anything I can do about it? Rest of the shoe takes polish well as you can see. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This question is probably more appropriate for the shoe care thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/228153/the-official-shoe-care-thread-tutorials-photos-etc), but it looks to me like there might be a flaw in the leather finish dye job. Whether it was originally not noticeable, or it was induced, I don't know.
You might just try stripping the shoes with something like Saphir RenoMat and start your polish job over again. If it is simply a polish issue then this should address it. If it is a dye issue then the shoes may need to be re-dyed.
They look great when unworn...after that they start to look quite terrible. I use shoe trees and polish them (no polish, just reno or dry brushing) fairly regularly. EG shell looks stunning. I have my eye on the Elmsleys in brandy cordovan from the new catalog.
Early attempts on this pair, but my technique has worked well on other shoes. Just dip the polishing cloth in a water/alcohol mix and work the polish. I've used excessive water in the past but don't think that's the problem here. Will try the renomat strip down and start again. If the same problem reoccurs, I might try to return them.
Belgian Shoes. You guys are going to hate these. Probably the most comfortable shoes I currently own.[/quote
I saw a guy wearing a pair of these when I was in the C&J shop in Burlington Arcade a few weeks ago in a lizard calf. They looked very cool IMO
Not sure I could pull them off and they were slightly too rounded for my personal taste but very elegant, looked well crafted and super comfortable!
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 seconds ago
- › LANVIN STRAP HIGH TOPS - UK11 54 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Vineyard Vines long sleeve polo 4 minutes ago
- › Three Streetwear Brands You Should Know - March 26, 2015 4 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...