or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 1008

post #15106 of 19667
Fit is excellent, very comfortable. Took a few weeks only, they already have my last on file.
post #15107 of 19667
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrybrowne View Post




Cross post from EG thread.

Awesome!
post #15108 of 19667

Can I please get some feedback as to what can/should be done to care for these Mcnairy boots. I just got them yesterday, and I have no idea what to do to keep them looking new aside from now wearing them in the rain or getting them dirty. Maybe just an all weather protectant? Thank you!

 

http://www.norsestore.com/commodity/14631

Sorry, I would have embedded a picture, but I couldn't get it off the site and this is the only place that carries them. Also, I posted in shoe care, but no response.

 

post #15109 of 19667
All 3 Stetsons. Navy & white specs are 1930's & the 2 alligators are 40's- 50's.

The laces are being changed out for the silk ones from the correct era.

post #15110 of 19667
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

All 3 Stetsons. Navy & white specs are 1930's & the 2 alligators are 40's- 50's.

The laces are being changed out for the silk ones from the correct era.


nephew,
good hunting!
post #15111 of 19667
Got me some great boots... Mhmmm!
post #15112 of 19667
Me too:

post #15113 of 19667
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Got me some great boots... Mhmmm!

EG Shannon?!? From where??
post #15114 of 19667
Xpost from Recent purchase

EG for Paul Stuart


post #15115 of 19667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin White Duke View Post

Me too:
Looks like Tricker's Chepstow? They are great boots. Unfortunately I picked a wrong size else I'd still have mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

EG Shannon?!? From where??
Jermyn St. But I did not get a pair of Shannons. Wait for it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

Xpost from Recent purchase

EG for Paul Stuart

G, are those from their current line? Did they start stocking them again?
post #15116 of 19667
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

G, are those from their current line? Did they start stocking them again?

I purchased them on sale today, so I don't know. How could/would I tell from my box or shoes?
post #15117 of 19667
Quote:
Originally Posted by gyasih View Post

I purchased them on sale today, so I don't know. How could/would I tell from my box or shoes?

If you just got it from Madison today I guess it's their current line. Nice PS has really expanded their makers!
post #15118 of 19667
BAM! NAMOR, not A pair, but TWO!!!

EG Shannon for Hardy Amies: black/cloud
Untitled

Untitled

EG Shannon for Hardy Amies: midnight/twilight
Untitled

Untitled
post #15119 of 19667
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

If you just got it from Madison today I guess it's their current line. Nice PS has really expanded their makers!

They've always had Masterpiece shoes, so I don't know how to tell. The model is Hudson. I love em'
post #15120 of 19667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hype1234 View Post

Can I please get some feedback as to what can/should be done to care for these Mcnairy boots. I just got them yesterday, and I have no idea what to do to keep them looking new aside from now wearing them in the rain or getting them dirty. Maybe just an all weather protectant? Thank you!

http://www.norsestore.com/commodity/14631


Sorry, I would have embedded a picture, but I couldn't get it off the site and this is the only place that carries them. Also, I posted in shoe care, but no response.


 

The fact that they are "treated leather" might indicate that they are corrected grain, which to my understanding basically means that you cannot treat them with anything, because there is a plastic-like layer on top of the leather. If it is regular leather I would just use dubbin to protect them, unless you want a high shine, in which case you could use wax and a conditioner now and again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II