Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 2/4/16 at 4:10pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- What is bullhide, and why is it attractive/desirable? What are its...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 961
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14402 of 2046311/12/12 at 12:53pmQuote:
I believe, it is elephant ear (the inside of the ear) which I remember Jan Petter using previously.
As far as I know, elephant ear (never seen it in real life) has a finer texture (but still that distinctive grain) than the leather from the main body of the animal, which might not be ideal for elegant town shoes:
Judging by the colour of this particular ear leather sample and the colour of the shoes, who knows, maybe J P Myhre has acquired that particular piece in the photograph.post #14403 of 2046311/12/12 at 12:55pmpost #14404 of 2046311/12/12 at 1:46pmpost #14405 of 2046311/12/12 at 2:12pmpost #14406 of 2046311/12/12 at 3:30pmpost #14407 of 2046311/12/12 at 3:31pmpost #14408 of 2046311/12/12 at 3:37pmQuote:
Is beaver tail really used for shoemaking? That would be a sight to see!post #14409 of 2046311/12/12 at 3:38pmpost #14410 of 2046311/13/12 at 12:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Fiddler
Who cares how many shoes someone has...what matters is the quality and if they make you look forward to putting them on. There's a lot of technical shoe speak on SF mostly from guys who sell and collect shoes but there's no way I would ever want to get so deep into shoes of all things.
It used to be the same way with me for high end audio....listening to audio heads go on and on about transparency, low end weight and midrange liquidity and always upgrading components till one day I just got myself a cool set and no longer feel the need to buy more equipment...just enjoy what I have.
Well did you get to Wilson Audio? Cause that watt / puppy combo is unbeatable and you for sure wouldn't feel any more need to buy more equipmentpost #14411 of 2046311/13/12 at 2:58ampost #14412 of 2046311/13/12 at 4:06ampost #14413 of 2046311/13/12 at 5:16ampost #14414 of 2046311/13/12 at 5:35amQuote:
I once saw a poor fellow with elephantiasis....the skin on his swollen feet looked exactly like that....I hope it is not elephantiasis leather.
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Currently, there are 1463 Active Users (301 Members and 1162 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 35 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 5th 2016 - The Green Jacket 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...