cigar wt boot
Need some advice:
About 8 months ago, I ordered some MTO EG Shannon's from Leather Soul in Beverly Hills. I ordered them in Midnight Blue, with a Navy suede shaft. The shoes just arrived, and although the box says they are Midnight Blue with Navy Suede, the suede is most definitely black. Now I know that in the right light, navy can be mistaken for black, but I'm almost positive these are black.
In this photo, the socks sticking out of the boot in the foreground are black, and the socks sticking out of the boot in the background are navy. Does anyone here have any experience ordering navy suede from EG? Is there any chance I'm wrong here? I'd love a second opinion before I make a big stink.
Listen to the G-man. There seem to be a few factors in this equation:
1. you got partially the wrong colour
2. you have a limited time to deal with it
3. you have a load of other things to think about apart from shoes
I think what you have to ask yourself is "what do I want?" Is it for LS to take these back, and provide you with a replacement. Or is it to get some acknowledgement that there is a problem, live with the change, and get some other kind of compensation instead? Considering your circumstances, I'm thinking maybe you're best off aiming for the latter.
Like the G said, tearing someone a new one isn't necessarily helpful. Always keep your cool, and avoid the transition from "customer we need to help" to "customer we want to avoid". I would suggest you speak to LS along the following lines*:
- Hello, I ordered these MTM boots, and they're beautiful, but they're not what I ordered.
- I ordered them to be on time for my wedding, so kind of a big deal, and it means I have a really short time to put this right
- If I send them back, will I get the replacement in time? If not, then I don't want to be stuck without shoes
- And if I don't have time to replace them in time for my big day, what kind of recompense can you offer me instead?
- The thing is, if I send them back, they are a one-off oddity that are going to get sold as clearance through some outlet, at cost price. No loss to me, although you still have to get me a new pair that matches my original order, and work out whether it's your fault or EG's
- But if you'd like to give them to me at clearance price, and maybe give me a voucher for discount on my next pair too, I will amend my wedding colour scheme and suck it up, you will not have to replace my shoes, and I will cease to be an unhappy customer and be a returning customer, and also evangelise on StyleForum about your excellent customer focus
- If that's not possible, then I'll take a replacement please, wear ironic flip flops at the wedding, enjoy my new shoes when they finally arrive, and call you a bunch of useless and unhelpful motherfuckers on StyleForum instead
*(I do not accept any liability for loss of shoes or dignity, or for any litigation resulting from attempted compliance with the suggestions above - please seek legal and personal advice from qualified people and not strangers online who wear shark shoes and have just fired two separate tailors in one evening in a fit of pique)