or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 945

post #14161 of 19566
^^^ Awesome indeed !! That's a lovely finish to them too, not too much not too little just perfect
post #14162 of 19566

I have a quick question , cant find any inof anywhere on this..perhaps some of you guys have experience in this dept.

 

I a m planning on buying a pair of  shoes from the UK and have them shipped to the U.S how much could I expect to pay to U.S customs for a shoe that costs around 400 GBP?

Also are there any preferred couriers on this?

 

Any help on this would be great.


Thanks!!!

post #14163 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimo View Post

Yours are much nicer - love that cap, and the last shape is better than my clunky AE's.  Still, that shock factor is always there. devil.gif



like your style, my friend! Never walk into a room and hear, "we have the same shoes"!
post #14164 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post


like your style, my friend! Never walk into a room and hear, "we have the same shoes"!

 

You're too kind.  Normal it's more like "wtf?"!  And if the shoes are more conservative, maybe the laces and/or socks get some randomness.  Well I do usually wear a three piece suit, so it's good to put some chili pepper on it...

 

By the way, if you find any of your wonders in a US 10E, I'm your man...spectators, triple-soled gunboats...the more distinctive, the better!

post #14165 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

gorgeous. where you finding these?

I order from John Lobb.

aaaaab.jpg
post #14166 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

DSCF2520.jpg

DSCF2519.jpg

 

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

post #14167 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon View Post

Absolutely spot on.
Awesome.
Tell us about the ordering process - did you send outlines of your feet?
post #14168 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixM View Post

I have a quick question , cant find any inof anywhere on this..perhaps some of you guys have experience in this dept.

I a m planning on buying a pair of  shoes from the UK and have them shipped to the U.S how much could I expect to pay to U.S customs for a shoe that costs around 400 GBP?
Also are there any preferred couriers on this?

Any help on this would be great.


Thanks!!!

Around 8.5% depending upon construction, how the sender filled out the customs form, and phase of the moon.
Plus $25-30 brokerage fee with UPS or Fedex.
Plus around $10 for DHL.
Likelihood of those charges is near certain with UPS/Fedex and around 20% with DHL based on my experience.
Fedex might call and ask you to fill out a form 5106.

Ask the retailer to use Royal Mail/Parcel Force/USPS.
Chances are very low of getting hit with any fees.
I think there's a 2kg limit on packages though.
post #14169 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolymammoth View Post

I order from John Lobb.
aaaaab.jpg
don't see them on lobb's webstore online...
post #14170 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

don't see them on lobb's webstore online...

It is the John Lobb Vintage 1999...the model is 10+ years discontinued. I ordered last winter and received in October.

aaaaab.jpg
post #14171 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolymammoth View Post

It is the John Lobb Vintage 1999...the model is 10+ years discontinued. I ordered last winter and received in October.
aaaaab.jpg
what's the name of the JL model with the medallion stitched on?
post #14172 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

what's the name of the JL model with the medallion stitched on?

This one? John Lobb Seymour...discontinued model but not sure when it was discontinued. I ordered the shoe last winter and received in October.

b10102012-2.jpg
Edited by woolymammoth - 10/19/12 at 9:16am
post #14173 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolymammoth View Post

This one? John Lobb Seymour...discontinued model but not sure when it was discontinued. I ordered the shoe last winter and received in October.
b10102012-2.jpg
not captoe, i meant the actual medallion is sewn into the leather.
post #14174 of 19566
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

not captoe, i meant the actual medallion is sewn into the leather.

I am not familiar with that model.
post #14175 of 19566
1950's Dack's NOS

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II