or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 713

post #10681 of 19623
I don't like the pebble grain leather on those veldt boots -- it looks very artificial, more so than other pebbled grain leathers that I've seen here. Probably it was chosen to make the boots more waterproof. I bet it looks good with cords/tweeds/moleskin trousers in autumn/winter.
post #10682 of 19623
something from a forum member

233
post #10683 of 19623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

I placed an order yesterday with Steven for a pair of the Winchelsea slip on in Bauxite. Also, he sent me some pictures of things he will have in the shop in the fall. He is doing a new boot and some other things which I think are pretty neat. He will have the Harrogate in a calf/suede which is probably on my list. The Winchelsea won't be in until Decemberish. A long time to wait but . . .

well, i appreciate your feelings towards your supplier. after all you're in europe frequently. there's just a little step out of your comfort zone, imo. stop buying soulless shit, if i may say.

i can't tell you, if it's better. it's just more rewarding(think of your AS medaillon), imo
post #10684 of 19623
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

I believed shoes are meant to be worn (First attempt on Mirror Shine)
]6862659210_ba361f49cf_z.jpg
Flickr 上 CHA-KDSC02661
Both Crokett & Jones, boots worn for 2 years and shoes for 3 months
I knew the above aren't on the level of porn, I hope this will
7008832325_1bf8c81083_z.jpg
Flickr 上 CHA-Kphoto
Corthay Wingtip, beautiful colour (this is done with shitty phones)

boots are nice.

not sure what the message on the black ones will be?
post #10685 of 19623
Your Corthay are great!! Get a better picture.
post #10686 of 19623
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

well, i appreciate your feelings towards your supplier. after all you're in europe frequently. there's just a little step out of your comfort zone, imo. stop buying soulless shit, if i may say.
i can't tell you, if it's better. it's just more rewarding(think of your AS medaillon), imo

You always speak your mind - and I respect your opinions. I like a variety of shoes. The Sargent's Chay made for me with the Boar's head medallion are special to me in a unique way. Made by a friend with a family symbol, they cannot be duplicated, and if they are, they lose their meaning. I love EGs, but you know I love many of the shoes from your neighborhood. Someone once told me that all black shoes are soulless--some definitely are, but many are beautiful. Different shoes different rewards.
post #10687 of 19623
too hot and too much porn the last 2 pages compared to these but I really like this pair a lot, I love the shape of the 341 last and it fits so well and comfortable. it's a shame they don't have it in the handgrades.

Posted in the C&J thread.

IMGP0069.jpg

IMGP0058.jpg
post #10688 of 19623
55jjfq.jpg
color 8 tanker boot
argyles otc
post #10689 of 19623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

You always speak your mind - and I respect your opinions. I like a variety of shoes. The Sargent's Chay made for me with the Boar's head medallion are special to me in a unique way. Made by a friend with a family symbol, they cannot be duplicated, and if they are, they lose their meaning. I love EGs, but you know I love many of the shoes from your neighborhood. Someone once told me that all black shoes are soulless--some definitely are, but many are beautiful. Different shoes different rewards.

you got pm.
post #10690 of 19623
Haven't posted in a minute. Got a few pm's hoping i'd keep it up. No worried, not discouraged by a few strong (yet closed-minded) negative opinions. Just busy, as the recent SF "back & forth" has drummed up a few serious Vintage Shoe clients. Anyway...

1930's Edwin Clapp, Seal & Calf oxford wingtips. Very G&G in the design (as in elegant & pushing the envelope simultaneously), I'd say... or is it the other way around?

IMG_5850.jpg

IMG_5852.jpg

IMG_5855.jpg
post #10691 of 19623
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Haven't posted in a minute. Got a few pm's hoping i'd keep it up. No worried, not discouraged by a few strong (yet closed-minded) negative opinions. Just busy, as the recent SF "back & forth" has drummed up a few serious Vintage Shoe clients. Anyway...
1930's Edwin Clapp, Seal & Calf oxford wingtips. Very G&G in the design (as in elegant & pushing the envelope simultaneously), I'd say... or is it the other way around?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMG_5850.jpg
IMG_5852.jpg
IMG_5855.jpg

 



Wow I love those. Are those your personal collection or for sale?

post #10692 of 19623
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Haven't posted in a minute. Got a few pm's hoping i'd keep it up. No worried, not discouraged by a few strong (yet closed-minded) negative opinions. Just busy, as the recent SF "back & forth" has drummed up a few serious Vintage Shoe clients. Anyway...
1930's Edwin Clapp, Seal & Calf oxford wingtips. Very G&G in the design (as in elegant & pushing the envelope simultaneously), I'd say... or is it the other way around?
IMG_5850.jpg
IMG_5852.jpg
IMG_5855.jpg

Those are pretty. I like the contrast of texture and colour and i like the toe shape, actually. Any pics of the bottom work?
post #10693 of 19623

 isshinryu101, damn.............. NICE!

post #10694 of 19623
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

Haven't posted in a minute. Got a few pm's hoping i'd keep it up. No worried, not discouraged by a few strong (yet closed-minded) negative opinions. Just busy, as the recent SF "back & forth" has drummed up a few serious Vintage Shoe clients. Anyway...
1930's Edwin Clapp, Seal & Calf oxford wingtips. Very G&G in the design (as in elegant & pushing the envelope simultaneously), I'd say... or is it the other way around?
IMG_5850.jpg
IMG_5852.jpg
IMG_5855.jpg

nephew,
keep it going!
post #10695 of 19623
Thanks, gentlemen. Very glad these are bringing some enjoyment. Sadly, they were too large for me. However, a good friend in Germany will be wearing them in a few days, so they will be worn & enjoyed (as all good vintage shoes should be)! DWFII, of course your seal of approval is ALWAYS much appreciated. I committed the cardinal sin on these... they left me before I took a proper and FULL set of pics. However, they are the traditional Clapp 30's closed channel sole... much like these...

IMG_3051.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II