I prefer Drakes pajamas over everything! But RL is okay..
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on Today at 1:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/28/15 at 11:25am in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:35 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 712
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10667 of 201743/23/12 at 10:04amI believed shoes are meant to be worn (First attempt on Mirror Shine)
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 DSC02657
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 DSC02658
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 DSC02659
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 DSC02661
Both Crokett & Jones, boots worn for 2 years and shoes for 3 months
I knew the above aren't on the level of porn, I hope this will
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 photo
Corthay Wingtip, beautiful colour (this is done with shitty phones)post #10668 of 201743/23/12 at 12:55pmI think they were pretty shot when I got them - probably resoled several times.
They would originally have had a double leather sole and that has probably been replaced twice. The menders took off an old commando rubber one which had worn right down to the heel so that's probably 5 - 10 years of wear on top. However, the upper is in great condition - no cracks or other damage. The leather is probably Martin leather, a high quality zug grain. All told, I'm ok with them and they fit nicely (232 last, old version of the C&J Veldt). I'll probably get 5 + years at least out of the new commando sole. If they last the distance I may take them to an expert for repair. However, it's good that shoes like this are still going strong.post #10669 of 201743/23/12 at 1:43pmpost #10670 of 201743/23/12 at 2:18pmpost #10671 of 201743/23/12 at 2:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
I think they were pretty shot when I got them - probably resoled several times.
They would originally have had a double leather sole and that has probably been replaced twice. The menders took off an old commando rubber one which had worn right down to the heel so that's probably 5 - 10 years of wear on top. However, the upper is in great condition - no cracks or other damage. The leather is probably Martin leather, a high quality zug grain. All told, I'm ok with them and they fit nicely (232 last, old version of the C&J Veldt). I'll probably get 5 + years at least out of the new commando sole. If they last the distance I may take them to an expert for repair. However, it's good that shoes like this are still going strong.
Is it Veldt? That was a very popular vintage country shoe style... and still looks great!post #10672 of 201743/23/12 at 6:12pmpost #10673 of 201743/23/12 at 7:03pmpost #10674 of 201743/23/12 at 7:41pmpost #10675 of 201743/23/12 at 8:20pmpost #10676 of 201743/23/12 at 8:47pmpost #10677 of 201743/23/12 at 9:22pmpost #10678 of 201743/23/12 at 9:29pmpost #10679 of 201743/24/12 at 1:34ampost #10680 of 201743/24/12 at 2:16amQuote:
Cheers. Yes, the Veldt. They have a date inside - either 1972 or 1974, not sure.
The mass-produced walking boot and the decline of the leather industry killed off those types of shoes.
I think the British army now make their ammunition boot in a smooth leather.
Sanders army officer's shoes are poor quality compared to the ones 20 - 30 years ago.
The best bet for a classic shoe in this style is Cheaney. See Herring website.
- Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 1700 Active Users (349 Members and 1351 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 6 minutes ago
- › SAINT LAURENT overdyed t-shirt 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...