I prefer Drakes pajamas over everything! But RL is okay..
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicBerlutitagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicCrockett Jonestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCrockett Jones Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicEdward Greentagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemJohn Lobb shoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicVasstagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/11
Related Forum Threads
- The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford Last post on 6/20/16 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 6/24/16 at 8:58am in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:20 am in Classic Menswear
- Remaining shoes are $250 each-Shoe thread-Vass, AS and Meermin Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:54am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Primer: Refinishing a pair of Crockett & Jones shoes using...
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 712post #10667 of 206493/23/12 at 10:04amI believed shoes are meant to be worn (First attempt on Mirror Shine)
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 DSC02657
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 DSC02658
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 DSC02659
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 DSC02661
Both Crokett & Jones, boots worn for 2 years and shoes for 3 months
I knew the above aren't on the level of porn, I hope this will
Flickr 上 CHA-K 的 photo
Corthay Wingtip, beautiful colour (this is done with shitty phones)post #10668 of 206493/23/12 at 12:55pmI think they were pretty shot when I got them - probably resoled several times.
They would originally have had a double leather sole and that has probably been replaced twice. The menders took off an old commando rubber one which had worn right down to the heel so that's probably 5 - 10 years of wear on top. However, the upper is in great condition - no cracks or other damage. The leather is probably Martin leather, a high quality zug grain. All told, I'm ok with them and they fit nicely (232 last, old version of the C&J Veldt). I'll probably get 5 + years at least out of the new commando sole. If they last the distance I may take them to an expert for repair. However, it's good that shoes like this are still going strong.post #10669 of 206493/23/12 at 1:43pmpost #10670 of 206493/23/12 at 2:18pmpost #10671 of 206493/23/12 at 2:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by rabiesinfrance
I think they were pretty shot when I got them - probably resoled several times.
They would originally have had a double leather sole and that has probably been replaced twice. The menders took off an old commando rubber one which had worn right down to the heel so that's probably 5 - 10 years of wear on top. However, the upper is in great condition - no cracks or other damage. The leather is probably Martin leather, a high quality zug grain. All told, I'm ok with them and they fit nicely (232 last, old version of the C&J Veldt). I'll probably get 5 + years at least out of the new commando sole. If they last the distance I may take them to an expert for repair. However, it's good that shoes like this are still going strong.
Is it Veldt? That was a very popular vintage country shoe style... and still looks great!post #10672 of 206493/23/12 at 6:12pmpost #10673 of 206493/23/12 at 7:03pmpost #10674 of 206493/23/12 at 7:41pmpost #10675 of 206493/23/12 at 8:20pmpost #10676 of 206493/23/12 at 8:47pmpost #10677 of 206493/23/12 at 9:22pmpost #10678 of 206493/23/12 at 9:29pmpost #10679 of 206493/24/12 at 1:34ampost #10680 of 206493/24/12 at 2:16amQuote:
Cheers. Yes, the Veldt. They have a date inside - either 1972 or 1974, not sure.
The mass-produced walking boot and the decline of the leather industry killed off those types of shoes.
I think the British army now make their ammunition boot in a smooth leather.
Sanders army officer's shoes are poor quality compared to the ones 20 - 30 years ago.
The best bet for a classic shoe in this style is Cheaney. See Herring website.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Currently, there are 1481 Active Users (335 Members and 1146 Guests)
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 56 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › NWT ISAIA NAPOLI 100% Cashmere Sweater XL F/W 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 9 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tie width 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding