or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 710

post #10636 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausc View Post

You are right. I should know, I have more than 200 pairs of shoes and should go for quality.

that's why i said it. actually, we have a different approach, though.
post #10637 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausc View Post

You are right. I should know, I have more than 200 pairs of shoes and should go for quality.

that's why i said it. we have a different approach, though.
post #10638 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

So you don't like the Corthay 01 last..used on the Arca which many here consider a grail shoe?

exactly. not sure about their quality either. never received an update after the dissection on the german forum.
post #10639 of 19458
I think the Inverness captures what EG is all about. This particular pair incorporates their painted sole, signature antiquing with shows depth of color due to the leathers they use (crust), brogueing (including a faux brogue unlike the Malvern) and best of all, the 888 last. Behold:

263
263
post #10640 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

I have simply heard it referred to as such here in the forum. This usually comes up when i shoe appears on B&S and it isn't in the poster's size. In these cases, they are not bespoke but highly sought after shoes from that paricular maker. I am not going to quibble about the word. A number of people have tended to see it as Corthay's definitive shoe. It is certainly the most featured shoe on their website. I am fine with people seeing the 01 last critically, but Corthay seems to have two main lasts - 01 and 02. If the 01 last is "too out there," then that sets aside much of what Corthay produces. That is fine.
Which Corthay do you own? A neat thread would be to debate which single shoe from each maker best captures what that maker is about. For example, what is the quintessential Edward Green? I suspect some might claim the Dover. But ultimately, it is all subjective.

I'm one of the few people who don't like the 01 last. It looks good in pictures, but when I tried it on, it was way too pointy for my feet. I have the Arca monkstrap and Vendome both in the 02 last which is a slightly more rounded.
post #10641 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

I think the Inverness captures what EG is all about. This particular pair incorporates their painted sole, signature antiquing with shows depth of color due to the leathers they use (crust), brogueing (including a faux brogue unlike the Malvern) and best of all, the 888 last. Behold:
263
263

That is indeed one sublime shoe.

I'm fairly unfamiliar with EG lasts - this one (888) especially appeals to me.
post #10642 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

That is indeed one sublime shoe.
I'm fairly unfamiliar with EG lasts - this one (888) especially appeals to me.

This last was designed by Tony Gaziano. It is essentially the prototype to the TG73.
post #10643 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

That is indeed one sublime shoe.
I'm fairly unfamiliar with EG lasts - this one (888) especially appeals to me.

It can be a tough fit for some. But once you get it right it's awesome.
post #10644 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

It can be a tough fit for some. But once you get it right it's awesome.

Of all of the shoes that I own I don't own any EG. Might be next on the list. Do you have any C&J on the 348? Is the fit similar?
post #10645 of 19458
C&J:
341 - 12E UK a tad roomy.
337 - 13D US perfect
348 - 11.5E UK snug but wearable (I like my shoes snug at first)

EG:
888 - 12.5/13D perfect
202 - 12/12.5E perfect
82 - 12/12.5E even more perfect

Hope that helps.
post #10646 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORE View Post

C&J:
341 - 12E UK a tad roomy.
337 - 13D US perfect
348 - 11.5E UK snug but wearable (I like my shoes snug at first)
EG:
888 - 12.5/13D perfect
202 - 12/12.5E perfect
82 - 12/12.5E even more perfect
Hope that helps.

So the 888 doesn't feel as snug as the 348? Crazy, because it looks cleaner than the 348.
post #10647 of 19458
ba7e6a48_IMG_0001.jpeg

Lobb Brown Museum
Lobb William II
EG for RLPL 888 Dark Oak (size 7 too small for me. PM me if interested or I will return)
RLPL Made in Italy Bi Color.
post #10648 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewgreg View Post

ba7e6a48_IMG_0001.jpeg
Lobb Brown Museum
Lobb William II
EG for RLPL 888 Dark Oak (size 7 too small for me. PM me if interested or I will return)
RLPL Made in Italy Bi Color.

What last is the William II in?
post #10649 of 19458
8695 last I think. I need to check.
post #10650 of 19458
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Of all of the shoes that I own I don't own any EG. Might be next on the list. Do you have any C&J on the 348? Is the fit similar?

I have both EGs (I wear size 9) and C&J on the 348 (8.5). The EG are a snug fit (glovelike), but that is the way they are designed. The C&J on the 348 is a long lasted shoe and feels longer than the 9 EG. I like the EG fit. I use a tongue pad on the C&J and they feel quite good but without it they feel a little looser than I like. You definitely need to get a pair of EGs--go to Steven and Leffot.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II