or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II - Page 709

post #10621 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

You are obviously not afraid to be noticed.....not me... but they are bloody awesome in a 'totally out there' sort of way.

Agreed. "Balls Shoes" to be sure... but most here know I approve of such things. Epic for uniqueness alone, and noteworthy for the top quality work.
post #10622 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post


ilya, whenever you're in a bad mooed. think of this song from Pjotr Andrejewitsch Nalitsch


+ 5 mill views?  world is a funny place

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post


gerd the turd has a nice ring to it.


out of order

 

post #10623 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by clausc

Not sure if a pair of Carmina would be preferable to 2 Santoni on sale.

this is not even a question, imo.

You are right. I should know, I have more than 200 pairs of shoes and should go for quality. I have about 10 pairs of Santoni and like their modern lasts for everyday wear. I'm loyal to specific shoe brands and if I start buying Carmina, I will not stop at one pair. My 'problem' with Carmina is that I never found them on sale, so not so good value for me, which I know is a wrong theory.
post #10624 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausc View Post

You are right. I should know, I have more than 200 pairs of shoes and should go for quality. I have about 10 pairs of Santoni and like their modern lasts for everyday wear. I'm loyal to specific shoe brands and if I start buying Carmina, I will not stop at one pair. My 'problem' with Carmina is that I never found them on sale, so not so good value for me, which I know is a wrong theory.

Tell me about it! biggrin.gif

I bought my first pair of Carminas two months ago and I'm now up to five pairs purchased! This is coming from a guy with just nine total pairs of shoes in my collection.
post #10625 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausc View Post

You are right. I should know, I have more than 200 pairs of shoes and should go for quality.

HA! I thought my 66 pairs was excessive! Just a drop in the pan, so it seems. I'm going to tell the wife right now... I don't have ENOUGH shoes yet!
post #10626 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

HA! I thought my 66 pairs was excessive! Just a drop in the pan, so it seems. I'm going to tell the wife right now... I don't have ENOUGH shoes yet!

Sell him some of your vintage shoes. He needs to go in a different direction to post-modern.
post #10627 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

HA! I thought my 66 pairs was excessive! Just a drop in the pan, so it seems. I'm going to tell the wife right now... I don't have ENOUGH shoes yet!

I would rather have 3 nice pairs of shoes than 200 pairs of shit, which based on what he wrote seems like he mostly has.
post #10628 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

it doesn't matter with that gaudy last, imo. amirite

So you don't like the Corthay 01 last..used on the Arca which many here consider a grail shoe?
post #10629 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post

HA! I thought my 66 pairs was excessive!
No
Quote:
Just a drop in the pan, so it seems.
Yes
Quote:
I'm going to tell the wife right now...
be careful,
wifes are funny with man shoe
Quote:
I don't have ENOUGH shoes yet!
yes
post #10630 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

So you don't like the Corthay 01 last..used on the Arca which many here consider a grail shoe?

Why is it considered a grail shoe? I have Corthay's and not the Arca... It's not like it is a further reach than any of the other shoes posted here. Grail shoes are bespoke shoes.
post #10631 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Grail shoes are bespoke shoes.

Mostly, but there are exceptions.
post #10632 of 19385
yes
post #10633 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Why is it considered a grail shoe? I have Corthay's and not the Arca... It's not like it is a further reach than any of the other shoes posted here. Grail shoes are bespoke shoes.

I have simply heard it referred to as such here in the forum. This usually comes up when i shoe appears on B&S and it isn't in the poster's size. In these cases, they are not bespoke but highly sought after shoes from that paricular maker. I am not going to quibble about the word. A number of people have tended to see it as Corthay's definitive shoe. It is certainly the most featured shoe on their website. I am fine with people seeing the 01 last critically, but Corthay seems to have two main lasts - 01 and 02. If the 01 last is "too out there," then that sets aside much of what Corthay produces. That is fine.

Which Corthay do you own? A neat thread would be to debate which single shoe from each maker best captures what that maker is about. For example, what is the quintessential Edward Green? I suspect some might claim the Dover. But ultimately, it is all subjective.
post #10634 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Why is it considered a grail shoe? I have Corthay's and not the Arca... It's not like it is a further reach than any of the other shoes posted here. Grail shoes are bespoke shoes.

Grail shoes are shoes that either:

a) one aspires to acquire new at some point but can't justify the cost right now,
b) one can acquire right now but cannot find (or no longer in production, see my grail shoe, the RLPL/EG Addison in edwardian antique).

Grail shoes wouldn't be bespoke because one doesn't know how the final product would look, except in one's mind. Also, many bespoken shoes are str8 ugly.
post #10635 of 19385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrydog View Post

A neat thread would be to debate which single shoe from each maker best captures what that maker is about.
Do it!
Each man add picture.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II