or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 578

post #8656 of 12864
^^

I refuse to believe someone looked at that fit of that jacket and thought it was good.


gdot, s160's-170's not sure if its weaker than the sturdier stuff, but it definitely wrinkles like its nobody's business.
post #8657 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

^^
I refuse to believe someone looked at that fit of that jacket and thought it was good.
gdot, s160's-170's not sure if its weaker than the sturdier stuff, but it definitely wrinkles like its nobody's business.

Yeah - it's weaker too. I promise you. Give a good pull to a swatch or clipping sometime. It's much weaker than most suiting fabrics.

Not that there isn't a place for these fabrics, I'm perfectly delighted with the few suits I have made with them. And luxury does not by any means imply durability.

Just that they seem to be getting a lot of promotion these days in the luxury ready to wear market and I hope people understand what they are getting. It's not for everyone, or everywhere.
post #8658 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysc View Post

I see the filename is something to do with GQ, is that where this picture comes from? I am curious because I know the guy.

If you know the guy, why not just ask him?
post #8659 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

man, what happened to Isaia frown.gif the lapels on that jacket are horrendous and the other Isaia look on that site is Mt. Spiffy worthy.

Large format monochrome plaids and wide lapels are a Tom Ford neo-70s influence, I think.

Note the plaid is an topcoat, not a suit coat.

The shoot was styled by Agyesh Madan, who on staff at Isaia in NYC.

Isaia is putting its money behind strong color stories.

I like it.
post #8660 of 12864

Quote:

Originally Posted by mack11211 View Post

Large format monochrome plaids and wide lapels are a Tom Ford neo-70s influence, I think.
Note the plaid is an overcoat, not a suit coat.
<cut>
I like it.

 

Me too. It seem pretty obviously an overcoat too. The jacket underneath has the kinds of lapel widths one would expect.

post #8661 of 12864
Bemer, Fred. But I like it as well (I'm assuming you like it).
post #8662 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

Quote:

 

Me too. It seem pretty obviously an overcoat too. The jacket underneath has the kinds of lapel widths one would expect.


Well......I'm not certain what Ed was referring to regarding the lapels - but I presumed he was objecting to the over the top pick stitching.
post #8663 of 12864
Check out his video, fellas...
post #8664 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateCustomer View Post

If you know the guy, why not just ask him?

He is not a friend of mine, my little sister went to school with him. He is a nice bloke, but I am not contacting him out of the blue about a photo I saw on a forum.

I'm just curious.
post #8665 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post

Bemer, Fred. But I like it as well (I'm assuming you like it).

photo this refers to?
post #8666 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

photo this refers to?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post

Stefano Bember from The Italian Cut
480
post #8667 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred H. View Post

Stefano Bember from The Italian Cut

480

I like. a lot.
post #8668 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits View Post

That guys blog is hilarious. Every photo of him is so badly posed like he is just casually talking on his cell phone, looking at his watch, eating an apple, or jumping over something for no good reason.
as if anyone here would do cheesy poses like a robot; crane-necked into space; jumping in the air; sitting at a coffee shop.............
post #8669 of 12864
Yeah, the pick stitching is incredibly crude, the colors and outfits very nouveau riche for my tastes. This may be working for them from a sales standpoint but I never like it when classic mens clothing manufacturers attempt to get fashiony, it's usually a big swing and a miss.
post #8670 of 12864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde View Post

as if anyone here would do cheesy poses like a robot; crane-necked into space; jumping in the air; sitting at a coffee shop.............

Im sure it has more to do with his apparent discomfort with his clothes and his own body than the poses themselves.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks