Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** Last post on 1/18/15 at 2:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Yuketen Angler Surfer Moc 8 13 Jeans sz 29-33 PRPS Triple Works N&F Raleigh Levi Last post on 3/2/11 at 1:47am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 577
Styleforum Top Picks
I have that problem on nearly every RTW jacket I try on. Most tailors aren't able to take in the torso of a jacket that much and leave it balanced because they only take it in from the sides/back (which yields results like the one pictured above). Even if you have a good tailor, it may not be worth it to try such an expensive/risky alteration.
I can't see it having been designed that way, at least I hope not. It looks more than a normal alteration, it looks like a jacket that has been taken a whole size down (at least) - say 40 to 38 - by cutting a section out of the back. I'm guessing that the only way you can really alter a jacket this much this is by taking the whole thing apart and recutting it, then putting it back together, because every piece is designed to fit to the larger size. Clearly if you try the shortcut, you will end up with a very unbalanced jacket. And I can't see that buying the wrong size and then trying to hack it down is worth it anyway.
And the fabric listed is 170s 'weightless' wool. I'm sure it's luxurious, wears cool and all. But that's gotta be fragile like tissue paper.
I have a 160s super light weight from Canali. It's like wearing your PJs to the office. And it wears beautifully cool in the deserts of the middle east. But there's a price to be paid - every little movement of the body causes the fabric to also move (dare I say ripple). It's a dicy thing between comfort, luxury, and still being substantial enough to be tailored and wear well.
Just a little heads up for anyone whose considering these fabrics.
PS - I like the look in the photo here btw.
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
Styleforum Top Picks
- › `वशीकरण ज्योतिषी`~91-9772866907 VAshiKAraN SPeciALIST BABA JI 40 seconds ago
- › `वशीकरण ज्योतिषी`~91-9772866907 Online Love Marriage Vashikaran... 2 minutes ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 3 minutes ago
- › `वशीकरण ज्योतिषी`~91-9772866907 GIRL VASHIKARAN SPECIALIST baba ji 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...