or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 558

post #8356 of 13011
This guy is enjoying the sunbed way to mutch.
post #8357 of 13011
How does he not have skin cancer by now.
post #8358 of 13011
gqny17.jpg
post #8359 of 13011
gqnyfw11.jpg
post #8360 of 13011
Valentino-Raquel-Welch.jpg

[/quote]

Tux looks great, but Raquel . . . icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #8361 of 13011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post

gqny17.jpg

Jacket far too short.
post #8362 of 13011
^ These are known as bum freezers. They were last in fashion in the late 1960s to early 70s.
post #8363 of 13011
^ the jacket is ill-fitting allround. bleh.
post #8364 of 13011

not the cord version, unfortunately.

anyone else notice this model: http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=11838613&categoryId=11373427&cp=3138868

whatever is up with the leg, it's definitely distracting.
post #8365 of 13011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sator View Post

These are known as bum freezers. They were last in fashion in the late 1960s to early 70s.

Sator, you're out by a decade.

"Bum freezers” were in fashion in the late-50s, early-60s when lapels, trousers and ties were narrow. By the mid-60s, lapels, trousers and ties widened again and the coats become longer. Fashionable suits, here Tommy Nutter wearing his own creations (about 1968) featured extremely long coats.

http://42ndblackwatch1881.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/56892438.jpg

http://mistercrew.com/files/2011/06/tommy_nutter.jpg
post #8366 of 13011
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fries View Post


not the cord version, unfortunately.

anyone else notice this model: http://www.rugby.com/shop/item.aspx?productId=11838613&categoryId=11373427&cp=3138868

whatever is up with the leg, it's definitely distracting.

Either bad photoshopping or rickets maybe?
post #8367 of 13011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengal-stripe View Post


Sator, you're out by a decade.

"Bum freezers” were in fashion in the late-50s, early-60s when lapels, trousers and ties were narrow. By the mid-60s, lapels, trousers and ties widened again and the coats become longer. Fashionable suits, here Tommy Nutter wearing his own creations (about 1968) featured extremely long coats.

http://42ndblackwatch1881.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/56892438.jpg

http://mistercrew.com/files/2011/06/tommy_nutter.jpg

Nutter is different. I think his cut is an evolution of the New Edwardian style and reversed the trend towards short skirts and replaced it with a longer and flared skirt.

Here is Walter Albini in 1972 with a catwalk bum freezer:

http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=585&view=findpost&p=24328

This trend towards narrow lapels, and short coats was most pronounced in the 1960s but the '60s stuff was never actually that extreme. This early 70s bum freezer here is much more dramatic. The 50s stuff is not that short at all nor narrow lapelled:

http://www.cutterandtailor.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2524

I own tonnes and tonnes of 50s, 60s and 70s patterns and have studied then all carefully.
Edited by Sator - 9/14/11 at 7:54am
post #8368 of 13011
God God, he s not Gian Luca Bocache, he's Luca Rubinacci: it's like to confuse Clinton with Bush just cause both of them were U.S.A presidents, and the funniest thing is someone uploaded also pictures of Bocache that is completely different than Rubinacci: i thought that such mistakes were possible just looking at chinese people, wink.gif jocking wink.gif max respect for my chinese friends:
this is the guy in the pic:
http://www.thesartorialist.com/tag/luca-rubinacci/
post #8369 of 13011
Attack accordingly...

453
post #8370 of 13011
Too much color on top. Should be worn as a proper garden party DJ.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks