or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 476

post #7126 of 13009
It's embroidery, the 7 is there because it's a lucky number.

http://suitorial.blogspot.com/2011/0...-al-bazar.html

post #7127 of 13009
I need that purple croc belt. CN - Any idea how much that was?
post #7128 of 13009
I think 230-270€ IIRC.
post #7129 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
I think 230-270€ IIRC.

Let me know when you can proxy that
post #7130 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post
Let me know when you can proxy that

Whatever happened to cutting back towards a more subdued look?
post #7131 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Whatever happened to cutting back towards a more subdued look?

Old habits are hard to break. And I dont post on the weekends usually
post #7132 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
It's embroidery, the 7 is there because it's a lucky number.

http://suitorial.blogspot.com/2011/0...-al-bazar.html


I need one because 7 is my favourite number...

I was born the 7th of September....
post #7133 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire View Post
It's embroidery, the 7 is there because it's a lucky number.

http://suitorial.blogspot.com/2011/0...-al-bazar.html


Thanks, P. Appreciated.
post #7134 of 13009
The rise (and rise) of the mankle (article in Esquire UK). This look is now very popular in Europe, not only at Pitti. Discuss article. "....It’s a furtive fetish, “ankling”, but if you enjoy it, you’re far from alone. Deckhand, clamdigger, Tintin, monk, playboy, tweed cyclist, junglist, breezy Rive Gauche flâneur or Sean Connery lounging shoreside in those Louis Vuitton ads — they’re anklists all. There have always been men who’ve known that a footloose, very private kind of liberation comes from revealing or confecting the interzone south of the calves and north of the feet, currently the most exciting layer in the lasagne of modern masculine style......"
post #7135 of 13009
post #7136 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Is that a pin or embroidery on his tie?? I noticed it on the previous tie as well. It's curious.

Not "curious"... it's horrible... like someone scribbled on his tie, maybe grafitti or perhaps it's a note, just "7" to help him remember something... wish he would spill some ice cream down the from of it to obsure it. J
post #7137 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post
Did the guy in the middle just spot his friend's ankle bracelet?



That's Patrick Johnson in the middle.

http://patrickjohnsontailors.tumblr.com/
post #7138 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by clausc View Post
The rise (and rise) of the mankle (article in Esquire UK). This look is now very popular in Europe, not only at Pitti. Discuss article. "....It’s a furtive fetish, “ankling”, but if you enjoy it, you’re far from alone. Deckhand, clamdigger, Tintin, monk, playboy, tweed cyclist, junglist, breezy Rive Gauche flâneur or Sean Connery lounging shoreside in those Louis Vuitton ads — they’re anklists all. There have always been men who’ve known that a footloose, very private kind of liberation comes from revealing or confecting the interzone south of the calves and north of the feet, currently the most exciting layer in the lasagne of modern masculine style......"
The look and the writing are equally great. Tintin, as it happens, wears knee socks (white or black) with his trademark knickerbockers. "tweed cyclist"? "confecting"???
post #7139 of 13009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I think they do the shoulder seams at a backward diagonal which can sometimes give off that torqued effect. Their shoulder cut is quite unique. Kinda convex and a tiny bit of droop. I like it very much.

This gent also has very high, square shoulders, so when there is movement you notice it. I took that pic, and Taka is in my opinion, one of the best dressed men in classic Italian menswear.

desu
post #7140 of 13009
^ A hint to you: Better sign your posts with 'ethan' or else people would think that you don't know Japanese, and we wouldn't want that, right?

Btw, I find this new fashion of ridiculously rolled up trousers meticulously ridiculous.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks