Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** Last post on Yesterday at 11:47 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Yuketen Angler Surfer Moc 8 13 Jeans sz 29-33 PRPS Triple Works N&F Raleigh Levi Last post on 3/2/11 at 1:47am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 832post #12466 of 130134/24/13 at 12:19pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12467 of 130134/24/13 at 12:19pmpost #12468 of 130134/24/13 at 4:27pmpost #12469 of 130134/25/13 at 12:16ampost #12470 of 130134/25/13 at 12:18amQuote:
He's well put together. Very understated. But no more than many other older gentleman in SF.post #12471 of 130134/25/13 at 7:34pmpost #12472 of 130134/28/13 at 2:10ampost #12473 of 130134/28/13 at 2:24ampost #12474 of 130134/28/13 at 11:39amI don't think the fit has anything to do with being iGent or not. I think Pitt is dressed by stylists who don't know how mens tailored clothing should fit. His suits most always seem at least one size too big, sleeves covering his hands, and trouser legs pooling around his feet. If he would correct those things I think he would look much better in his clothes, but since he is a movie star and most people don't know how mens tailored clothing should properly fit most people thinks he looks snappy.post #12475 of 130134/28/13 at 11:54amThat cream suit does not look one size too big. Extended and structured shoulders, clean chest and right skirt length. A nice fit. Just need to adjust the sleeve length and pants hem and its good.
But no, he's not wearing bespoke Rubi with draped chest and relexed and broken in look. He is wearing the polar opposite.
His shoes is as patinated as some Santoni/G&G/EG monstrosity on the shoe thread.
Why the nit pick when WAWYN thread had plenty of worse looking fits that got circle jerked to iGents approved status?post #12476 of 130134/28/13 at 12:57pmpost #12477 of 130134/29/13 at 6:16ampost #12478 of 130134/29/13 at 8:05am
I TOTALLY agree that the burnishing of the toes are too much! It looks as if he stuck his feet into a fire.
Too much break on his trousers as well.
The scarf makes him look like a giraffe.
Somehow, the entire ensemble looks like a cowboy fail.post #12479 of 130134/29/13 at 9:32amQuote:
The scarf is just a quirky detail looking awful and then missing the desired effect of quirkiness.
The shoes are just OTT .
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
Currently, there are 1590 Active Users (396 Members and 1194 Guests)
- › Friday Challenge May 22nd 2015: Add some orange to your outfit 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › NIB Enzo Bonafe Adelaide - 9.5 UK - Beautiful Vitello Bolet brown -... 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan