what's Manton doing in Italy, wearing cargo's
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** Last post on Yesterday at 10:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Yuketen Angler Surfer Moc 8 13 Jeans sz 29-33 PRPS Triple Works N&F Raleigh Levi Last post on 3/2/11 at 1:47am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 830post #12436 of 130204/11/13 at 11:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12437 of 130204/11/13 at 2:19pmpost #12438 of 130204/11/13 at 7:10pmIt might be the slightly higher camera angle playing a bit with perspective, but the top coat buttons look to be a tad lower than usual. I like that since it doesn't quite give the "nipple effect" that I see so many other higher placements have. Same thing with the (seemingly) restrained peaks, not jumping off the shoulder and such nonsense.
Great colors, material, proportions and style regardless. Keep repeating, I'm a long way from looking half that good.post #12439 of 130204/12/13 at 12:11ampost #12440 of 130204/13/13 at 6:13ampost #12441 of 130204/17/13 at 11:27ampost #12442 of 130204/17/13 at 5:55pmpost #12443 of 130204/19/13 at 1:03ampost #12444 of 130204/19/13 at 1:51ampost #12445 of 130204/19/13 at 2:06ampost #12446 of 130204/19/13 at 3:04ampost #12447 of 130204/19/13 at 6:21amQuote:Originally Posted by lasbarQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I do not like the fit or lack of it...
The fit looks good to me. The trouser fabric is only buckling because of the awkward posture (he's leaning back with his lower body to balance the forward lean to look at his watch). I suspect that if he stood normally, it would fall cleanly. The jacket clearly fits well throughout (look at the buttoning point and you can see it couldn't possibly be tighter there, and given that, the fit naturally has to be a little looser to not make the overall jacket silhouette look weird (narrow chest, then having to get bigger across the waist, would be unflattering). I know I like a looser silhouette anyway, so I'm biased, but I do think his fit looks good by any yardstick.
On a different note, I have a new summer jacket in a similar colour (and with similar contrasting buttons) to the cardigan, so some of the other colours in the fit have given me some more ideas on how to wear it. I was always thinking about white shirt and pale grey trousers, but it's interesting how well the tan shoes and the very dark ?brown/?green tie go against it.post #12448 of 130204/19/13 at 12:47pmpost #12449 of 130204/19/13 at 1:57pmpost #12450 of 130204/19/13 at 3:10pmAgree that his fit is fine in my view. Some of us simply don't have the kind of shape that allows for sculptured proportions. Someday I want to start a thread on the link between posters who get a lot of thumbs up because they have great proportions versus those who are less ideal in male body form - all things being equal. Not saying that is what is being suggested here but let's face it, clothes look better on more ideally proportioned people (male and female). The rest of us make due with trying our best to match body shape with a given clothing article.
Also - Will like to keep a LOT of things in his pockets.
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
Styleforum Top Picks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New with Tags - Billy Reid Heather Grey Speckled Lightweight... 6 minutes ago
- › Formal Morning Day Wear And Semi - Formal Morning Day Wear? 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge July 24th - Denim 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...