or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 802

post #12016 of 13017
post #12017 of 13017
post #12018 of 13017

That's awesome. 

post #12019 of 13017

nothing new on this thread
disappointment nest.gif

post #12020 of 13017
tumblr_met4ixutVx1qc8xtuo1_500.jpg

What is this seemingly Neapolitan fixation with clip on braces? All the more bizarre when surely their suits are bespoke seen as they work in the trade? An easily avoidable way to ruin a good look.
post #12021 of 13017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

What is this seemingly Neapolitan fixation with clip on braces? All the more bizarre when surely their suits are bespoke seen as they work in the trade? An easily avoidable way to ruin a good look.

Agreed, and I don't understand it, either.

I've noticed Ethan and at least one of the other Armoury people wearing clip-on braces like that recently and I think that it looks a bit odd. Still, de gustibus non est disputandem and all that...
post #12022 of 13017
I hope they're making fun of one of their colleagues who stood by them once, or something like that.. Don't really see the appeal of clip-ons other than to stir up a mess in the sartorial debate, soon we'll be seeing book binder shoes and polyester ties worn ironically by the sartorial elite.


Got to keep changing it up, making the bucks, you know?

post #12023 of 13017

Clip-on braces have been a a bit more visible recently IIRC; they're probably cueing off that. Though in the cases I'm thinking of, they were used either in more casual and fashion-forward looks (eg with jeans, and sometimes left hanging), not with otherwise pretty traditional suits & trousers. I can sort of see a visual argument for clip-ons from a design/fashion perspective in certain looks, though I think even this trend is starting to work its way out of the system now. With more traditional suits, not so much...

post #12024 of 13017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post

tumblr_met4ixutVx1qc8xtuo1_500.jpg
What is this seemingly Neapolitan fixation with clip on braces? All the more bizarre when surely their suits are bespoke seen as they work in the trade? An easily avoidable way to ruin a good look.

It's an eff you with a side of eff your life and a cornbread muffin on the side.

It's like "everything down to my boxers is sprezzed out ridiculous with handmade buttonholes but I use clip-ons just because...and my trousers have internal buttons to accommodate braces (with crow's foot stitching) but I STILL don't use proper braces so don't even ask".

Sprezzwatch prediction...next trend out of Napoli:

post #12025 of 13017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post

Clip-on braces have been a a bit more visible recently IIRC; they're probably cueing off that. Though in the cases I'm thinking of, they were used either in more casual and fashion-forward looks (eg with jeans, and sometimes left hanging)

Absolutely. The store Hot Topics, which, for your non-Murkins, sells 'punk rock' gear to kids who listen to Justin Bieber, has had this look on their shelves since like 2002:

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Accessories/BandanasScarvesSuspenders//Black+Suspenders-288018.jsp
post #12026 of 13017
Vox admiring his sick Mina Adamo stash...

post #12027 of 13017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanS View Post

Absolutely. The store Hot Topics, which, for your non-Murkins, sells 'punk rock' gear to kids who listen to Justin Bieber, has had this look on their shelves since like 2002:
http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Accessories/BandanasScarvesSuspenders//Black+Suspenders-288018.jsp

Don't you mean Hedi Slimane DH SS06...or have I gone too SW&D for you?
post #12028 of 13017
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanS View Post

Vox admiring his sick Mina Adamo stash...

Is Vox having a midlife crisis?
post #12029 of 13017
Why? Because he's wearing Lanvin?
post #12030 of 13017
"I call it Lahn-vahn
You call it 'Lan-vinn'
You call it bro'in down
I call it lampin."

- Das Racist
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Recent non-Sartorialist Looks