Looks congruent with whom he is -- a show-biz guy. Not a huge fan of the pattern, but it works. Cut is nice, too.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** Last post on 6/30/15 at 3:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Yuketen Angler Surfer Moc 8 13 Jeans sz 29-33 PRPS Triple Works N&F Raleigh Levi Last post on 3/2/11 at 1:47am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 794post #11896 of 1301710/11/12 at 9:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11897 of 1301710/11/12 at 9:10ampost #11898 of 1301710/11/12 at 10:20pmpost #11899 of 1301710/12/12 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
These are beautiful suits, well-cut in colours that are just a little removed from the average but not outrageous, and not anything like the Joker's outfits (which BTW are based partly on zoot suits, which is a whole topic in itself...). And yes, if I could afford them, I would most certainly wear them. There's no reason why I couldn't. I do have one suit that is equally as outrageous and beautiful.
Aubergine melange is More than 'just a little' removed from average.
It's is a long trip from only liking blue and grey to a purple suit.
You have to pass through
- well dressed
And stop just short of WTF
Like Hendrix said, the only way you could possibly wear that (and not look really bad) is as separates as streetwear.post #11900 of 1301710/12/12 at 4:22pmpost #11901 of 1301710/12/12 at 4:37pmpost #11902 of 1301710/14/12 at 7:01ampost #11903 of 1301710/14/12 at 10:47ampost #11904 of 1301710/18/12 at 10:30ampost #11905 of 1301710/18/12 at 10:56ampost #11906 of 1301710/18/12 at 10:59ampost #11907 of 1301710/18/12 at 10:59ampost #11908 of 1301710/18/12 at 11:02amQuote:
I think it's an awesome suit. But from an "out of reach" perspective. I agree 100% that the red gingham shirt is an awful choice for it as well. But when you have one of the most suits on the planet, does it really matter what shirt you pair with it?post #11909 of 1301710/18/12 at 11:12amQuote:
Well, just to take that latter point seriously (and I know it wasn't meant 100% seriously), I actually think it is even more important that you get everything else right if you're going to try to carry something like this off. As a real world example, I think EFV got it bang on recently (see the Peacock thread). And my similar 3-piece will be getting an airing very soon (the fabric is my avatar), so I am going to have to live up to my arguments...post #11910 of 1301710/18/12 at 11:23amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
Well, just to take that latter point seriously (and I know it wasn't meant 100% seriously), I actually think it is even more important that you get everything else right if you're going to try to carry something like this off. As a real world example, I think EFV got it bang on recently (see the Peacock thread). And my similar 3-piece will be getting an airing very soon (the fabric is my avatar), so I am going to have to live up to my arguments...
I completely get what you're saying. I just think when you're wearing a suit like this, you've just given yourself a lot more freedom to be risky with the other items since the suit itself is very risky. I would almost expect the shirt and tie to be extravagant if I saw this in the wild.
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 1 minute ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 4 minutes ago
- › Ring Jacket Japan Proxy via Sprout2 (RTW/MTO/MTM) 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 7 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Marlow Tassel Loafer Shell Corodvan. 12D 8 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...