Looks congruent with whom he is -- a show-biz guy. Not a huge fan of the pattern, but it works. Cut is nice, too.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** Last post on 7/26/15 at 10:58am in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Yuketen Angler Surfer Moc 8 13 Jeans sz 29-33 PRPS Triple Works N&F Raleigh Levi Last post on 3/2/11 at 1:47am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 794post #11896 of 1302010/11/12 at 9:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11897 of 1302010/11/12 at 9:10ampost #11898 of 1302010/11/12 at 10:20pmpost #11899 of 1302010/12/12 at 4:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
These are beautiful suits, well-cut in colours that are just a little removed from the average but not outrageous, and not anything like the Joker's outfits (which BTW are based partly on zoot suits, which is a whole topic in itself...). And yes, if I could afford them, I would most certainly wear them. There's no reason why I couldn't. I do have one suit that is equally as outrageous and beautiful.
Aubergine melange is More than 'just a little' removed from average.
It's is a long trip from only liking blue and grey to a purple suit.
You have to pass through
- well dressed
And stop just short of WTF
Like Hendrix said, the only way you could possibly wear that (and not look really bad) is as separates as streetwear.post #11900 of 1302010/12/12 at 4:22pmpost #11901 of 1302010/12/12 at 4:37pmpost #11902 of 1302010/14/12 at 7:01ampost #11903 of 1302010/14/12 at 10:47ampost #11904 of 1302010/18/12 at 10:30ampost #11905 of 1302010/18/12 at 10:56ampost #11906 of 1302010/18/12 at 10:59ampost #11907 of 1302010/18/12 at 10:59ampost #11908 of 1302010/18/12 at 11:02amQuote:
I think it's an awesome suit. But from an "out of reach" perspective. I agree 100% that the red gingham shirt is an awful choice for it as well. But when you have one of the most suits on the planet, does it really matter what shirt you pair with it?post #11909 of 1302010/18/12 at 11:12amQuote:
Well, just to take that latter point seriously (and I know it wasn't meant 100% seriously), I actually think it is even more important that you get everything else right if you're going to try to carry something like this off. As a real world example, I think EFV got it bang on recently (see the Peacock thread). And my similar 3-piece will be getting an airing very soon (the fabric is my avatar), so I am going to have to live up to my arguments...post #11910 of 1302010/18/12 at 11:23amQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
Well, just to take that latter point seriously (and I know it wasn't meant 100% seriously), I actually think it is even more important that you get everything else right if you're going to try to carry something like this off. As a real world example, I think EFV got it bang on recently (see the Peacock thread). And my similar 3-piece will be getting an airing very soon (the fabric is my avatar), so I am going to have to live up to my arguments...
I completely get what you're saying. I just think when you're wearing a suit like this, you've just given yourself a lot more freedom to be risky with the other items since the suit itself is very risky. I would almost expect the shirt and tie to be extravagant if I saw this in the wild.
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 19 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Critique sport jacket fit 2 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...