Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** Last post on 1/30/16 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Yuketen Angler Surfer Moc 8 13 Jeans sz 29-33 PRPS Triple Works N&F Raleigh Levi Last post on 3/2/11 at 1:47am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 792post #11866 of 1306310/9/12 at 8:56pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11867 of 1306310/9/12 at 9:01pmpost #11868 of 1306310/10/12 at 2:51ampost #11869 of 1306310/10/12 at 2:53ampost #11870 of 1306310/10/12 at 2:53ampost #11871 of 1306310/10/12 at 2:54ampost #11872 of 1306310/10/12 at 2:55ampost #11873 of 1306310/10/12 at 7:31ampost #11874 of 1306310/10/12 at 7:56ampost #11875 of 1306310/10/12 at 9:31amQuote:Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Mate go for gold if you think you could pull it off.
But for all intents and purposes it's un-wearable in 99.9% of situations in the real world. And I realise this is not the point, it certainly garnered them a lot of attention of the forums/tumblr so has probably worked well for the publicity side of things.
Much of what people wear here, most ordinary people would consider 'unwearable in the real world', yet we do it anyway. These are beautiful suits, well-cut in colours that are just a little removed from the average but not outrageous, and not anything like the Joker's outfits (which BTW are based partly on zoot suits, which is a whole topic in itself...). And yes, if I could afford them, I would most certainly wear them. There's no reason why I couldn't. I do have one suit that is equally as outrageous and beautiful.
Ich_Dien's answer is the most sensible one so far. There's a long, long conformity that ironically started with rebellion and in many ways male tailoring remains 'Brummelian'. Yet other currents continue to circulate and occasionally influence that mainstream a little. Think of British country suits. Think of Tommy Nutter in the late 60s and 70s in Britain. Or Ozwald Boateng in the 90s. Or indeed, this, which is actually far more restrained than any of those.
I'm always surprised that some men interested in style don't even seem to appreciate the varied currents within men's tailoring. It doesn't mean you have to wear these suits, and the particular combination of accessories in the publicity material is hardly compulsory, but I would expect people here at least to understand what they are trying to do, and appreciate the quality of the results.post #11876 of 1306310/10/12 at 9:52ampost #11877 of 1306310/10/12 at 10:01ampost #11878 of 1306310/10/12 at 10:21ampost #11879 of 1306310/10/12 at 10:22ampost #11880 of 1306310/10/12 at 10:55am
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 21 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 30 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...