Edited by hrb - 8/25/12 at 12:23am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** Last post on 1/30/16 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Yuketen Angler Surfer Moc 8 13 Jeans sz 29-33 PRPS Triple Works N&F Raleigh Levi Last post on 3/2/11 at 1:47am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 782
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11717 of 130638/25/12 at 1:49amQuote:
Great look if hes 20lbs lighter. Otherwise he will benefit much more from full cut pants which will balance and anchor with his heavy upper body mass.
skinny people can tolerate slim/tapered pants. grown/fat men needs fuller cut pants for balance.post #11718 of 130638/25/12 at 2:56amQuote:
I don't think he looks that fat, good shape.post #11719 of 130638/25/12 at 8:09ampost #11720 of 130638/25/12 at 8:57amQuote:
Fat? He's like most men today who train consistently -- somewhat muscular.post #11721 of 130638/25/12 at 9:01ampost #11722 of 130638/25/12 at 12:28pmthe guy is not fat. it's just that the proportions are wonky. wide lapels, big poofed-out necktie, tall collar with long points all make him look big up top ... and the peg leg pants make him look small below. I'm all for a slim suit, but the jacket should also be slim. ie. narrow lapels, narrow sleeves, smaller shirt collar, narrow tie, etc.
Sockless is fine for casual dress. This is a way too formal look for it imo.post #11723 of 130638/26/12 at 12:46ampost #11724 of 130638/26/12 at 2:58ampost #11725 of 130638/26/12 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
the guy is not fat. it's just that the proportions are wonky. wide lapels, big poofed-out necktie, tall collar with long points all make him look big up top ... and the peg leg pants make him look small below. I'm all for a slim suit, but the jacket should also be slim. ie. narrow lapels, narrow sleeves, smaller shirt collar, narrow tie, etc.
Sockless is fine for casual dress. This is a way too formal look for it imo.
This is correct, IMHO. If his suit was cut properly, no-one even be commenting negatively on his body shape. That is one of the main purposes of tailoring.post #11726 of 130638/31/12 at 3:11pmpost #11727 of 130638/31/12 at 4:07pmpost #11728 of 130638/31/12 at 5:49pmQuote:
In general I agree with this statement; however, in this particular case I think the cut of the trousers is fine. I agree, though, he needs some socks and slightly longer pants.post #11729 of 130638/31/12 at 7:42pm
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Cheap Pocket Squares 1 minute ago
- › Is this too much colour in an outfit guys? 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 5 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 12 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...