Edited by hrb - 8/25/12 at 12:23am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Rick Owens Boots + Leather, Number (N)ine Jeans and Hoodie, Doir 21cm Jeans Last post on 5/13/11 at 1:42am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:33pm in Streetwear and Denim
- FS: Yuketen Angler Surfer Moc 8 13 Jeans sz 29-33 PRPS Triple Works N&F Raleigh Levi Last post on 3/2/11 at 1:47am in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- 6 Hats for Spring and SummerLast edited: 5/10/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Recent non-Sartorialist Looks - Page 782
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11717 of 130178/25/12 at 1:49amQuote:
Great look if hes 20lbs lighter. Otherwise he will benefit much more from full cut pants which will balance and anchor with his heavy upper body mass.
skinny people can tolerate slim/tapered pants. grown/fat men needs fuller cut pants for balance.post #11718 of 130178/25/12 at 2:56amQuote:
I don't think he looks that fat, good shape.post #11719 of 130178/25/12 at 8:09ampost #11720 of 130178/25/12 at 8:57amQuote:
Fat? He's like most men today who train consistently -- somewhat muscular.post #11721 of 130178/25/12 at 9:01ampost #11722 of 130178/25/12 at 12:28pmthe guy is not fat. it's just that the proportions are wonky. wide lapels, big poofed-out necktie, tall collar with long points all make him look big up top ... and the peg leg pants make him look small below. I'm all for a slim suit, but the jacket should also be slim. ie. narrow lapels, narrow sleeves, smaller shirt collar, narrow tie, etc.
Sockless is fine for casual dress. This is a way too formal look for it imo.post #11723 of 130178/26/12 at 12:46ampost #11724 of 130178/26/12 at 2:58ampost #11725 of 130178/26/12 at 7:12amQuote:Originally Posted by Parker
the guy is not fat. it's just that the proportions are wonky. wide lapels, big poofed-out necktie, tall collar with long points all make him look big up top ... and the peg leg pants make him look small below. I'm all for a slim suit, but the jacket should also be slim. ie. narrow lapels, narrow sleeves, smaller shirt collar, narrow tie, etc.
Sockless is fine for casual dress. This is a way too formal look for it imo.
This is correct, IMHO. If his suit was cut properly, no-one even be commenting negatively on his body shape. That is one of the main purposes of tailoring.post #11726 of 130178/31/12 at 3:11pmpost #11727 of 130178/31/12 at 4:07pmpost #11728 of 130178/31/12 at 5:49pmQuote:
In general I agree with this statement; however, in this particular case I think the cut of the trousers is fine. I agree, though, he needs some socks and slightly longer pants.post #11729 of 130178/31/12 at 7:42pm
- Recent non-Sartorialist Looks
Styleforum Top Picks
- 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 18 minutes ago
- › Lanvin black patent and suede SZ 8 20 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 22 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 35 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 37 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 44 minutes ago
- › Ludwig Reiter Norweiger Blucher size 9.5 D (US) in Sandwood color 47 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...