or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › High-Waisted Trousers and the "Poof"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

High-Waisted Trousers and the "Poof"

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
I contemplated the purchase of a pair of high waisted trousers today with a single, forward facing pleat. The pants are medium-trim with a nice drape when fulyl erect, however, the longer rise on these trousers leads to a considerable bunching of the fabric around the crotch when seated. Im still on the fence about making a purchase. As always, opinions on the matter are appreciated.
post #2 of 19
Even though I just said so on AIM... GET 'EM!
post #3 of 19
i disagree! if you have to think twice then you will only regeat it later! coz you wont have the confidence to wear them with grace!
post #4 of 19
Isn't the the appeal of pleats? But if it's too egregious, don't buy them. Tailoring them wouldn't work too well.
post #5 of 19
If you need to ask a question or think twice DON'T buy. You will never be happy with them.
post #6 of 19
Get them. Where can I find such pants?
post #7 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
I contemplated the purchase of a pair of high waisted trousers today with a single, forward facing pleat. The pants are medium-trim with a nice drape when fulyl erect, however, the longer rise on these trousers leads to a considerable bunching of the fabric around the crotch when seated. Im still on the fence about making a purchase. As always, opinions on the matter are appreciated.


Butthead: He he he he, you said "erect." He he he he.


Seriously, how long is the rise? I find 11 inches is just about too much for me and 10 is good, but only for very fashion forward type pants. I'm curious what works for you.
post #8 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu
Butthead: He he he he, you said "erect." He he he he.



My thought was that if the pants actually drape well when he is fully erect, there must be quite a bit of extra fullness in the crotch.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quirk
My thought was that if the pants actually drape well when he is fully erect, there must be quite a bit of extra fullness in the crotch.
nah, he's Japanese
post #10 of 19
So wrong. So, so wrong.
post #11 of 19
How are pants supposed to fit? My pockets always bulge when I take a step and the crotch "poofs" when I sit down. It is quite annoying. Would bespoke pants fix this?
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by raley
How are pants supposed to fit? My pockets always bulge when I take a step and the crotch "poofs" when I sit down. It is quite annoying. Would bespoke pants fix this?

I think it's just one of those normal things that you can suddenly start obsessing about when you think about your clothes too much, like "Oh my GOD! How come I never really noticed those horrible creases that my pants get behind the knee! Maybe I should be sitting differently!"
post #13 of 19
I'm thinking they have forward pleats and long rise for a reason...suspenders??

Do they have loops?

Buttons inside?
post #14 of 19
I've seen them, they don't have belt loops. I prefer my trousers without, to be honest.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T
nah, he's Japanese

I am not Japanese but this statement is quite offensive.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › High-Waisted Trousers and the "Poof"