or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Hoarders
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hoarders - Page 2

post #16 of 51
sup burnbulb.
post #17 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post
Don't you have 500+ colognes?
Haha, at my peak I had about 20, which is alot. Down to about 8 now.
post #18 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by willpower View Post
Don't you have 500+ colognes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pun View Post
Haha, at my peak I had about 20, which is alot. Down to about 8 now.

small-timer.

Anyway, on another board the question came up - how many liters of perfume/colognes do we all have? The idea being that we have a rough estimate of usage (2 liters in five years, by Guerlain's estimates, I use far less) and so from that we can figure out how long we can go before we all use up what we have. The board is home to a number of prolific hoarders, btw, so there were a few eye-opening answers.

As for me - I think I have roughly 6 liters of colognes which puts me well into SABLE territory.
post #19 of 51
There was one hoarder who saved all the toilet paper he used. Now that is beyond awful.
post #20 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_5 View Post
There was one hoarder who saved all the toilet paper he used. Now that is beyond awful.

Reminds me of the first time I ever heard of this phenomenon, on Loveline radio show more than 10 years ago. Dr. Drew described a case where a woman would take #2 dumps in her bathtub and was afraid to get rid of it, she was hoarding it.
post #21 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblegrain View Post
Reminds me of the first time I ever heard of this phenomenon, on Loveline radio show more than 10 years ago. Dr. Drew described a case where a woman would take #2 dumps in her bathtub and was afraid to get rid of it, she was hoarding it.

Many little kids in the midst of toilet training are pretty freaked out when their bowel movements are flushed down the drain.
post #22 of 51
I saw it, was eye-opening the first time, but the fascination wears off quickly. It's from the same guys who made intervention which is more gripping, but even know I just watch the first 20 minutes about how they became addicts and how bad they are now. After that I just tune out.
post #23 of 51
Vacuum packed liquid cats. Dear heavenly baby Jesus what the fucking fuck? What the fuck?
post #24 of 51
Double you tee eff?

WHAT THE FUCK?
post #25 of 51
Liquid cat juice.

Let me repeat that.

Liquid cat juice.
post #26 of 51
That was hard to watch. Even the psych jumped back and lost her composure when she opened the fridge, and seeing these kind of people is her day job.

Why remove everything from the fridge? Just throw the whole thing away.

I think the people who feel shame are the most likely to recover. Shame keeps people in line.
post #27 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Vacuum packed liquid cats. Dear heavenly baby Jesus what the fucking fuck? What the fuck?

wait, what? I can't put my mind around this.
post #28 of 51
A cat hoarder would put her dead cats in the fridge and freezer. Some of them were in ziplock bags, but a few were just out in the open. They would decompose and the bottom of the fridge had a black slush of decomposed, liquified cats. It was easily the most shocking thing I've seen in the entire series.
post #29 of 51
oh, shit. I don't know how I'd handle seeing that.
post #30 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

A cat hoarder would put her dead cats in the fridge and freezer. Some of them were in ziplock bags, but a few were just out in the open. They would decompose and the bottom of the fridge had a black slush of decomposed, liquified cats. It was easily the most shocking thing I've seen in the entire series.
I don't know if it was the same episode but I saw an animal hoarder episode once where a woman's home was covered in cats and she was missing a couple. Eventually they found them flattened underneath the couch in a decomposed state. She smelled so bad her husband had to live in a separate house.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Hoarders