or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Best Swimsuits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Swimsuits - Page 2

post #16 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Stiff View Post
I like the look of these J Crew seersucker ones:
http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...3769/23769.jsp

These are cool
post #17 of 175
after waterpolo and swim seasons i'm very comfortable in speedos but i know for casual swim wear it would be social suicide, i have these jcrew shorts which are the perfect length for me since i wear my swim gear a couple inches below the hip bone and they end a couple inches above my knee also they don't have those annoying clingy nets on the inside which get sand caught in them and irritate your dick, they're just lined with mesh like regular shorts
post #18 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by underwearer View Post
post measurements when you get them. I don't know if I should get the parke ronen 4" or 6",, Im 5'5" with 19" thighs so I need short, slim fitting trunks or else Ill look really bad. I still have a few months before summer but IM glad this thread popped up...that pic I posted thats how my underwear fits so I need a little longer/rommier then that lol
I have a couple pairs of the 4" shorts in size 32. They are cut very slim, not at all "vanity sized," so you'll definitely want to size up if you're between sizes. The waist measures just under 16", while the leg opening is 11 1/4", and the front rise is 9 3/4". The outseam is 13 1/2". I haven't worn one of my pairs (blue, non-stretch) and would be happy to part with it for half the price that P&R is charging, since I really don't swim that often and only need one pair of trunks. If anyone's interested, PM me. EDIT: These trunks were sold.
post #19 of 175
dude you rock! This is exactly the info I needed. I just pinned a pair of trunks from last year to match these measurements and the fit is pretty spot on. Glad I didn't get the 6" they would have been to long I think....My waist is 29" though so I can't buy yours...You suggest I get 30s?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Asch View Post
I have a couple pairs of the 4" shorts in size 32. They are cut very slim, not at all "vanity sized," so you'll definitely want to size up if you're between sizes. The waist measures just under 16", while the leg opening is 11 1/4", and the front rise is 9 3/4". The outseam is 13 1/2".

I haven't worn one of my pairs (blue, non-stretch) and would be happy to part with it for half the price that P&R is charging, since I really don't swim that often and only need one pair of trunks. If anyone's interested, PM me.
post #20 of 175
parke and ronen for me
post #21 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by underwearer View Post
dude you rock! This is exactly the info I needed. I just pinned a pair of trunks from last year to match these measurements and the fit is pretty spot on. Glad I didn't get the 6" they would have been to long I think....My waist is 29" though so I can't buy yours...You suggest I get 30s?
Yes, I'd recommend 30s for you. I think you'll be happy with them. P&R is overpriced (the fabric doesn't strike me as ultra-durable), but the fit is spectacular compared to most swim trunks. I just wish the rear rise were a little longer.
post #22 of 175
Orlebars are nice too, pricey. I don't think their fabrics are amazing, but the cuts are nice.
post #23 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post
Orlebars are nice too, pricey. I don't think their fabrics are amazing, but the cuts are nice.

I will disagree about Orlebars fabrics, got 3 paris already from them and Monocle09 & Setter in red are my favourite.

Btw. so glad in Europe we don't have to wear awfully long broad-shorts like in US!!!!!!!
post #24 of 175
Add another vote for Parke and Ronen. I have the four-inch nylon trunks and they are amazing. I like them way more than my four-inch inseam Paul Smiths. I must admit I am a bit tempted by the two-inch pairs (would probably be even better for actual swimming) thought if not those i'm definitely picking up a pair of the four-inch in cotton. Another case where confidence is almost all that matters. As long as you are in-shape, go for it, i've never had anything negative said to me. Edit: To clear things up, I do like my Paul Smiths, but the fact is that I love my P&Rs. The material is thinner on the Parkes (the PSs are cotton nylon), though I do not think my Parkes feel cheap or too thin. For the Paul Smiths I ought to have sized down to a small (I wear size thirty in jeans) and for the P&Rs I did size up one to a 32 as per Gilt recommendations and they fit perfectly. I seriously suggest waiting for a P&R Gilt sale as they have a huge range for cheeeep.
post #25 of 175
I seem to recall Paul Smith making some nice ones.
post #26 of 175
Why hasn't Birdwell Beach Britches been mentioned? I outgrew my last pair, and I will definitely buy another pair for this summer. I also have a pair of APC Madras from last summer, which I like the look of, but they have the annoying and chafing mesh inside, but I only bought them because I realized that I couldn't fit into my Birdies.

BTW I think there is another thread on this subject.
post #27 of 175
I have some orange Sundeks, they drive my girlfriend nuts. http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...m0420510862958 A pricey but I got them from Yoox or something for like $75. Also have some short vilebrequin (sp?), a bit grandpa-ish by comparison.
post #28 of 175
I have two pairs of Wavefarer board shorts from Patagonia and they are awesome.
post #29 of 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandall10 View Post
I have some orange Sundeks, they drive my girlfriend nuts.

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/...m0420510862958

A pricey but I got them from Yoox or something for like $75. Also have some short vilebrequin (sp?), a bit grandpa-ish by comparison.

these are cool...Orang is a goofy color that seems to work on the beach
post #30 of 175
I do a lot of travelling, and a lot of swimming, Australia, Asia and Europe... the one pair that I use to good effect no matter where I go is a black, 'quickdry' fabric trunk. Length to mid thigh, slightly baggy. It is a great looking compromise in all respects that fits in at the hotel pool, or sandy beach.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Best Swimsuits