or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures - Page 6

post #76 of 610
Unfortunately these don't belong to me.

From the new AS Handgrade line, style called Keats. The colour is chestnut with burnishing in the throat and on the heel & toe area. Fiddleback waist is standard on this range.

For more updates Chay has a blog http://alfred-sargent.blogspot.com/p/home.html

A few pictures and some close up shots:

















post #77 of 610
Looks great, thanks for the link!
post #78 of 610
Yay! My custom last arrived recently from Springline to AS. My try on pair will be coming soon. Can't wait! Still deciding what to do for my first pair. So many options!
post #79 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Yay! My custom last arrived recently from Springline to AS. My try on pair will be coming soon. Can't wait! Still deciding what to do for me first pair. So many options!






That is really awesome.
post #80 of 610
They do look impressive, and i never thought i'd say that about a shoe last.

did you model it on anything in particular? EG 888? TG73?

And are they doing you a test shoe?

Ive also heard that the AS Handgrade's are now considerably more expensive than the initial 450 gbp offering. Any comment on this?
post #81 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post

looks good
post #82 of 610
Thanks guys!

Fox81 - to answer your questions, I didn't really model this after a specific last. I gave a bunch of descriptions of the type of look I was going for and Michael seemed to have a good idea of what I was after. I think it came out well and I'll have an even better idea after the try-on pair comes in June. I'll likely get some AS Handgrades from time to time, but I'll also just get some standard shoes from their RTW line using my own last. Chay said they just do a small upcharge for using your own last on stock shoes.
post #83 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Thanks guys!

Fox81 - to answer your questions, I didn't really model this after a specific last. I gave a bunch of descriptions of the type of look I was going for and Michael seemed to have a good idea of what I was after. I think it came out well and I'll have an even better idea after the try-on pair comes in June. I'll likely get some AS Handgrades from time to time, but I'll also just get some standard shoes from their RTW line using my own last. Chay said they just do a small upcharge for using your own last on stock shoes.

I would be careful ordering RTW models made on my own last, they may not turn out as nice as the RTW models. It sounds like you are doing semi-bespoke, your own last but not your design of the uppers.
post #84 of 610
Slewfoot you lucky bastard. Nice lasts. Had to travel to Springline in North Hampton i take it.
post #85 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox81 View Post
They do look impressive, and i never thought i'd say that about a shoe last.

did you model it on anything in particular? EG 888? TG73?

And are they doing you a test shoe?

Ive also heard that the AS Handgrade's are now considerably more expensive than the initial 450 gbp offering. Any comment on this?

it wasnt 450 USD?
post #86 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by forex View Post
I would be careful ordering RTW models made on my own last, they may not turn out as nice as the RTW models. It sounds like you are doing semi-bespoke, your own last but not your design of the uppers.

To start with that is correct. We'll see how things progress. The upcharge for using one's own last is that they need to alter the existing pattern on their RTW shoe. This takes time hence the charge. I have confidence AS will get it right.
post #87 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by badsha View Post
Slewfoot you lucky bastard. Nice lasts. Had to travel to Springline in North Hampton i take it.

Yep. I was there on my London trip this Winter. You can read more about the process here: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=166378
post #88 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewfoot View Post
Yay! My custom last arrived recently from Springline to AS. My try on pair will be coming soon. Can't wait! Still deciding what to do for my first pair. So many options!

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p.../my_last_1.jpg

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p.../my_last_3.jpg

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/p.../my_last_2.jpg

They look awesome. Well done
post #89 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingcat View Post
ok, fashionistas, here i am thinking i know something about high end shoe brands and, at least today i can't figure out what company AS is. please help me out as the shoes in the photos are lovely indeed. thanx wing cat

Alfred Sargent Handgrade: http://blog.leffot.com/category/foot...lfred-sargent/
post #90 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Nice. I dig that Autumn Brown color. Perhaps a pair of Chelsea boots in that color on my new last...hmmm...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures