or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures - Page 4

post #46 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groover View Post
I'm sure Chay won't mind me posting these:

Various AS MTO/Handgrades I've had over the past few months:








Sorry, meant this post.
post #47 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Sorry, meant this post.
It's called Bruma, it's very similar to Edward Green Edwardian except mine have heavy burnishing. Hope this helps.
post #48 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groover View Post

Not too keen on this particular one (sorry Groover). The wingcap appears to break awkwardly because of that last's chiselled lines.
post #49 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post
Not too keen on this particular one (sorry Groover). The wingcap appears to break awkwardly because of that last's chiselled lines.
That's fine Wes, no problem, everyone is entitled to their opinion good, bad or indifferent and I openly encourage it. I agree the lines of the shoe are quite sharp, the pattern is not from stock, it's one I had changed. I will say that it looks softer (the lines) when on my foot, and I like them a lot. But hey, if we all liked and disliked the same thing the world would be a boring place. More importantly, in my opinion what this does highlight is the flexibility that AS and Chay have in offering you a choice in the direction you wish to take your footwear. There are not many companies offering this kind of flexibility in design and quality at this price point.
post #50 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Chay, are the lasted trees included in the 450GBP price?

+1 Are lasted trees available and if so, for which lasts?
post #51 of 610
Just following on from my point about changing the pattern to my own choice.

I should point out that this shoe was a MTO option and not from the Handgrade line, made to the same standards as the Handgrades. IIRC Clintons double monks were designed, cut and adjusted 3 times before the fit/style balance was achieved correctly.

If you're unsure of how a particular last fits, like I have been in the past, Chay has made up some try ons for me to see what the fit is like. I'm sure if there is a particular last anyone is curious about he'll be only too willing to help.
post #52 of 610
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groover View Post
Just following on from my point about changing the pattern to my own choice.

I should point out that this shoe was a MTO option and not from the Handgrade line, made to the same standards as the Handgrades. IIRC Clintons double monks were designed, cut and adjusted 3 times before the fit/style balance was achieved correctly.

Exactly right, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groover View Post
If you're unsure of how a particular last fits, like I have been in the past, Chay has made up some try ons for me to see what the fit is like. I'm sure if there is a particular last anyone is curious about he'll be only too willing to help.

See above for evidence. Even though the 99 Last is my preferred last, AS still wasn't happy with the fit of my Monks. This is not part of the handgrade options (I don't think). But it goes to show the length AS went to assist me.

Clint
post #53 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl5000 View Post
+1 Are lasted trees available and if so, for which lasts?

Hi again, lasted trees are available, but not included in the price sorry! Best, Chay.

post #54 of 610
Looks like this won me over. I need to start buying some nice shoes for work, was going to go with C&J Handgrades, but these are worth the small amount extra. They look fantastic. I look forward to getting in contact with you soon.
post #55 of 610
[quote=Alfred Sargent;2988639]Hi again, lasted trees are available, but not included in the price sorry! Best, Chay.

Hi Chay - Could you summarize what the total cost would be for a pair of handgrades (less VAT), with lasted trees, including shipping to the US, and an estimate of the customs charge? I think that about covers it. Thanks.
post #56 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynahFaithful View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred Sargent View Post
Hi again, lasted trees are available, but not included in the price sorry! Best, Chay.
Hi Chay - Could you summarize what the total cost would be for a pair of handgrades (less VAT), with lasted trees, including shipping to the US, and an estimate of the customs charge? I think that about covers it. Thanks.
AS quoted me £100 for lasted shoe-trees last year, so including vat that is £550 for shoes + shoe-trees. British vat is currently at 17.5%.
post #57 of 610
I think I want these



in this color

post #58 of 610
^ Looks like BB's Stantons will be hitting B&S soon
post #59 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by marin View Post
^ Looks like BB's Stantons will be hitting the garbage soon

FTFY
post #60 of 610
Any update following the AS NYC trunk show? Pics, anything? Bris?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures