We're looking forward to your arrival in SF, Chay.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Edward Green - Ashton 8E Last post on Today at 2:36 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Edward Green - Inverness 8E Last post on Today at 2:10 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Epaulet unfinished Horsehide trainers Sz42 Last post on Today at 1:55 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- John Lobb ' St Crépin 2006 in Cashew Lord Calf - UK Size 8E Last post on Today at 1:51 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Vass black captoes EU42 (F-last) BNIB Last post on Today at 9:26 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures - Page 30
Happy to contribute. Here's my Handgrade pair: model Keats in Horween whisky shell cordovan, last 19, leather soles and dark purple lining along with vanity sole nails.
love to see the patina on this cordo after a few years, they'll be pearly. I know what you mean about the 'dog ear' but I think it adds something - after all, these are a one-off and they should have unique styling. Some of my shoes have styling features that have taken me months and even years to adjust to. I really disliked the color and what I thought was excessive brougeing on a pair of Vass I received, for example, but frequent wear has softened the look and endeared them to me, and now I'd put them in my top 2 or 3. I particularly like the sole edge on these - matches the upper color beautifully.They are quality shoes - the kind you can hand on to your children (who'd no doubt be disgusted by the thought, but then that's their job). congrats
Wow interesting shoes! I'm glad you're pleased with them. Can I ask how long you had to wait? Also, what was the damage for MTO cordovan?
It's a shame they used such a dark upper thread colour. IMO there's too much of a contrast especially when paired with a natural sole edge, welt & sole stitch. The other thing that strikes me is the colour of the heel. There's a huge difference between the top-piece and "Pack"! Did you request this?
Wow interesting shoes! I'm glad you're pleased with them VRaivio. Can I ask how long did you have to wait for them? Also what was the damage for MTO cordovan?
It's a shame they used such a dark closing thread for the upper! IMO there's too much of a contrast, especially when paired with a natural welt, sole stitch and edge colour. The other comment I would make is regarding the heel colour. There's a massive difference between the Top piece and "heel pack". Did you ask for this?
I am posting one picture here and cross linking this to the shoe porn thread so you can see my new handgrades.
- assuming they're on the 53 do u find it fits same as the 48? they look quite narrow by comparison
I haven't worn them enough, Pliny, to tell you exactly, but the fit is quite good. I think they fit is improved over that of my Keats which is on the 48. They do not feel narrow but they look very sleek.
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › farmers insurance agent- good career choice? 2 minutes ago
- › GrantStone shoes - any buyers? 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 13 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding