Originally Posted by cameroon
Love that word
Calling someone a troll here is often the best compliment as it really demeans the people that use it by revealing their insecurity and fear of people that do not share their parochial little world- oh my god I am being taken from my comfort zone- it is a troll help. Don't worry ladies you can come down from your chairs
Now, that is more interesting as it seems to imply I am speaking on behalf of some higher dark powerful forces moving against ASsism . More glamorous than Troll, but if anything even more indicative of insecurity regarding those using it.
Clintonf I assume the internet was not around when you grew up. Either that or you have had a sheltered adolescence. There is no such thing as "my thread" on a public forum. There is the "thread I started". That gives nor you nor anyone else participating any rights of control on what other forum members wish to contribute-specially when they are on the same topic- just not in the vein you would like to hear
If you and some other fellows share a keen interest on AS shoes and do not wish to be disturbed by any voice that may distress you then clearly a public forum is not where you should be. I can suggest a myriad other ways in which you can achieve this without risk of trolls or puppets while using the internet
Clintonf, from the fact that you posted a list of brands in a "pissing-contest" form I deduce your are not a long time shoe aficionado. This is because
1-\tI like to think (SF sadly does not bear this out) that people that really like/know shoes are civilised enough to see how childish that is
2-\tThe list of brands you published is piss poor both in what it misses and some of what it includes
Getting back on track, reading the threads about AS here has given me the clear impression that there is a group of people that are trying to push AS at all costs. If for profit or out of some kind of misplaced loyalty I don't know, but I does a great disservice to any brand.
If I was reading these threads from afar I would have by now concluded that AS tried to come in hard on the high end from nowhere (rumours of rights infringements regarding G&G as a result of previous outsourcing can be read in between the lines implicitly and explicitly) - selling shoes that were fully pimped up (as per G&G after all) for a non-discerning American based clientele, which love the attention bestowed on their hallowed feet by none other than the "creator". Some no doubt have financial interests riding on this promotion others are just gullible fellow travellers
You can now continue talking to yourselves in whatever resounding chamber you wish
I was going to stay out of this b/c frankly it usually isn't worth the time to respond to such nonsense. But since you clearly don't do any homework or appear to have any capacity for critical thought, a couple of thoughts for you:
1. People praise Chay and are pleased with the quality of AS handgrade, b/c both are deserving of praise - I too have ordered AS handgrade from Chay and found him to be truly exemplary and the shoes to be an outstanding relative value (and I have years and years of experience with high end shoes). The shoes themselves are excellent absolute quality (although other makers offer comparable quality, albeit at higher prices, including G&G), but chay is truly (and I'd even add uniquely) outstanding - he is honest, he never demeans his competitors, he is incredibly responsive, he is on top of the entire operation, he is personable yet humble, in sum, he offers service one does not find these days, even (or maybe particularly) from high-end producers / marketers (again, including G&G). Isn't that what we all are looking for? Chay offers it, people rightly single him out for it, yet you, without any knowledge of him or his service (his first name is Chay, fyi) call anyone who praises him a shill. Seems more your issue than anyone else's. In addition, perhaps you should actually handle a pair of these shoes before you spout more nonsense about the actual product. Many of us have the context in which to place these, having handled or owned shoes from many other makers. What's your experience with these?
2. If you'd actually do an iota of homework, you'd discover that virtually all of these posters were active (and I might say positive) contributors well before AS Handgrade was conceived - even in your feverished hallucinatory mind, it's a bit of a stretch to conclude that all these people developed helpful forum personae simply to become shills for a single product years later. None touted AS prior to development of the handgrade line, all have direct experience with it. Says to me that AS is doing something right. But, if your little mind has a problem wrapping itself around that flaw in your logic, it says more about your intellectual limitations than anything else.
3. From a cursory review of your posts (and how could it be anything other than cursory since you've only offered a relative handful of mostly worthless, sometimes incendiary posts), it is clear that 1) you're just looking for a fight, and 2) you have a shocking lack of knowledge of most of the things you comment on, whether that is shoes or bankruptcy law. Offer something useful, substantiate an opinion (since you have so so many), make something other than unsubstantiated comments and perhaps someone might engage you in the honest debate you claim to want.
4. What's with the random anti-American comments with which you pepper your posts ("non-discerning", "obese")? Some of the active members of this forum are Americans, but many, including a number of your targets in this thread are not (some may even, shockingly, be British as well...do your homework...). You may be surprised to learn that many of the those "non-discerning Americans" may be your own, presumably discerning, countrymen (or is the "discerning" label only reserved for those who prostrate themselves to the church of Church's?). I have no desire to debate your ethnocentric prejudices, but if you find this forum too Yankee-centric, I have a thought - stop posting here. I don't sense you'll be much missed...
5. Per a prior post of yours - fyi, in my dealings with Chay, he refused payment (I offered partial payment) until the shoes were ready to be shipped. Hard to make a case that there's much risk in that is there? Looks like you still own that bridge after all...
In summary, offer something useful (even marginally so), stop picking fights with people who have proven themselves to be valuable contributors over the course of years, stop being a troll or GTFO! When everyone around you seems to you to be crazy, perhaps it's time to look in the mirror...