or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures - Page 15

post #211 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
Just spoke to a friend of Chay's in the UK. This was a purely administrative move, done in order to regain control of the firm after the previous administration in 2009. The company was under administration for two hours. No orders are affected.
post #212 of 610
It'll be a pre-pack administration, quite common these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(law)
post #213 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnorth View Post

It was legally under the administration of the UK courts for a brief period of time so that briefs could be presented regarding the true ownership. Once the judge was satisfied control of the company was returned to the party determined to be the owner. Any questions?
post #214 of 610
Doesn't sound like a problem to me. Good enough to place another order ASAP.
post #215 of 610
Previous post on pre-packed administration is correct. This will hopefully put AS on a solid footing for success going forward. At the end of the day, shoe makers are manufacturers and cash is king. I wish them all the best and look forward to seeing many new shoes in the future. Things are just starting to get exciting for them.
post #216 of 610
Glad to hear it confirmed. Their product is about to do great things for their name and reputation.
post #217 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroon View Post
Forgive my ignorance but for anyone reading the last posts in this thread at face value it looks that some people live in some kind of strange world where any AS news is good news.

it looks like if it was revealed that all AS handgrades produced in the last year were found to be contaminated by radiation the same posters would be arguing that radiation cures cancer so it is all ok

Also from these posters it seems AS is a one man operation. Chay this, Chay that; does anyone else work there?

Note: for those that think I am talking bullocks if anything it is ignorance of what is going on- not because I am backing some other manufacturer in the current shoe wars- between AS and central European makers. I couldn't t give a damn as they both seem to be associated with excessive promotion in SF (well the C&J and EG anglophilia is also quite parochial- but at least natural as these are more established firms and American anglophiles dominate the forum

What's your point?
post #218 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroon View Post
Forgive my ignorance but for anyone reading the last posts in this thread at face value it looks that some people live in some kind of strange world where any AS news is good news.

it looks like if it was revealed that all AS handgrades produced in the last year were found to be contaminated by radiation the same posters would be arguing that radiation cures cancer so it is all ok

Also from these posters it seems AS is a one man operation. Chay this, Chay that; does anyone else work there?

Note: for those that think I am talking bullocks if anything it is ignorance of what is going on- not because I am backing some other manufacturer in the current shoe wars- between AS and central European makers. I couldn't t give a damn as they both seem to be associated with excessive promotion in SF (well the C&J and EG anglophilia is also quite parochial- but at least natural as these are more established firms and American anglophiles dominate the forum

what ?

As long as AS keeps taking orders and delivering them, what happens internally there is their own business.
post #219 of 610
Worst case scenario:
You pay Chay £500 for a pair of MTO shoes, but then AS become in serious financial trouble, even more then they was before; not even the staff prostituting themselves on the streets of Rushden can help them.

Someone will come along, save AS and you get your £500 shoes (maybe some weeks late, but you get your shoes).



I do agree with your opinions on AS, C&J and E&G to an an extent although I do own C&J and EG shoes. AA and SF do push certain brands over others, even when quality is par (i.e. Church's vs C&J); however, this happens in every environment, whether it is Purse Forum or your local pub.

You have to take what is said on the forum with a pinch of salt and in cases, a big pinch of salt.
post #220 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroon View Post
That is either the most naive or most dishonest post I have read in a while

You mean to say that if you have a business which depends on a key supplier, and there is speculation regarding the continuing viability of said supplier, you would remain relaxed about any of that as long as the latest shipment has arrived?

Well your business won't last long.

You would not worry whether said supplier could actually deliver the next shipment or if the quality would continue to be the same right? - furthermore you would not even begin to suspect that maybe the stuff you received in the latest shipments may not be up to scratch- because lets get real, businesses don't go under in a few days- they normally slowly degrade financially accompanied with cost-cutting measures

Yes my friend just send cash ahead to chay or whoever to pay for 500 more pairs to show your confidence

After that I will send you a picture of a nice big bridge which is for sale, and you just need to send cash upfront to a certain PO box


What do you know that we don't? And how do you know it?
post #221 of 610
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroon View Post
That is either the most naive or most dishonest post I have read in a while You mean to say that if you have a business which depends on a key supplier, and there is speculation regarding the continuing viability of said supplier, you would remain relaxed about any of that as long as the latest shipment has arrived? Well your business won’t last long. You would not worry whether said supplier could actually deliver the next shipment or if the quality would continue to be the same right? - furthermore you would not even begin to suspect that maybe the stuff you received in the latest shipments may not be up to scratch- because lets get real, businesses don’t go under in a few days- they normally slowly degrade financially accompanied with cost-cutting measures Yes my friend just send cash ahead to chay or whoever to pay for 500 more pairs to show your confidence After that I will send you a picture of a nice big bridge which is for sale, and you just need to send cash upfront to a certain PO box
You seem to infer a lot from what was said in previous posts. I don't believe anyone on this thread actually owns a shoe business. So, it is as individuals that we comment. I do have a question for you: Have you purchased any Alfred Sargent shoes recently? Whatever your answer, it should be for customers to "judge" the potential lack of quality that you suggest will happen. If you did a bit of reading around, you will have found that AS have face adversity before and ALL of the shoes on this thread have been made after that difficult time. I urge you to read some of the comments on this thread to get some idea of the "decline in quality". As for calling out someone's name simply because people have commented on his excellent customer service is childish. Perhaps you may "expect" everyone to treat their customers like Chay does. Let me assure you that Chay is unique in his outlook and professionalism. If you want to assume the people here are stupid because they have received the shoes that they've asked for and are happy with the service they've received, it's a matter for you. I doubt that you'll receive anything but distain on this thread. So, if you have facts that can be qualified about the things you suggest are/will happen, please share. If you don't, I suggest that you find another thread to comment upon and leave this one for the Alfred Sargent "Fools" (or stoodges) to comment on. Clint
post #222 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroon View Post
on a totally different note; forgive me asking but do you still have the same shoes- links at the bottom- up for sale after all these months or is it a misunderstanding by me?

I mean, I can understand that maybe you are not in a hurry to sell but it is not common to see the same stuff for sale for so long with no on-going price drops. Is it a spider web strategy? Build it and they will come?

PS- at $175 those Paul Stuarts are in need of a big blind drunk fly to come over. good luck

You're obnoxious.
post #223 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroon View Post
..

As I thought. You know fuck all.
post #224 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroon View Post
If AS is in financial trouble (I say again, if) then this should not be hidden but discussed in the open as it is relevant. Sure unfounded gossip can sink good companies and so I am all for not disseminating it, but it seems that the facts have occurred before the rumours leaked out so this cannot be invoked

It's not. So all you're doing is blowing smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col.Sanders View Post
Had it confirmed to me today that Alfred Sargent & Sons has started the process of liquidation.

The new company is "Sargent Shoes On-line Ltd" which has been registered to the Sargents premises since last june???

Let's just hope some good can come from all of this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
Just spoke to a friend of Chay's in the UK. This was a purely administrative move, done in order to regain control of the firm after the previous administration in 2009. The company was under administration for two hours. No orders are affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infrasonic View Post
It'll be a pre-pack administration, quite common these days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administration_(law)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alliswell View Post
It was legally under the administration of the UK courts for a brief period of time so that briefs could be presented regarding the true ownership. Once the judge was satisfied control of the company was returned to the party determined to be the owner. Any questions?
post #225 of 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameroon View Post
on a totally different note; forgive me asking but do you still have the same shoes- links at the bottom- up for sale after all these months or is it a misunderstanding by me?

I mean, I can understand that maybe you are not in a hurry to sell but it is not common to see the same stuff for sale for so long with no on-going price drops. Is it a spider web strategy? Build it and they will come?

PS- at $175 those Paul Stuarts are in need of a big blind drunk fly to come over. good luck

Wow. Nice to meet you too. Actually, the Vass and EG just sold the other day. Sorry you don't like the Paul Stuart shoes. I'll edit my sales post to reflect things. My apologies if my newborn daughter got in the way of me not keeping up on my sales threads for your viewing pleasure.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Alfred Sargent Handgrade - Pictures