or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The $5,000 Wardrobe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The $5,000 Wardrobe - Page 6

post #76 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
My take on it

white oxford $50 (jcrew)
white tees + tanks $50
other assorted tees $50
white dress shirt $100 (cheap MTM)

leather $600 (TOJ)
winter jacket $500 (peacoat maybe?)
spring-fall jacket $500

grey pants / jeans $100
black pants $100
low-mid range raw jeans $100 (uniqlo)

mid-range charcoal suit $500

white sneakers $50
grey boots $500
black lace up boots $500
winter boots $200
black dress shoes $300

$4200

This though, is actually pretty close to what I normally wear, and what I've paid for them, so we're pretty close.




There are my actual current wardrobe staples, plus price paid (I have a lot more stuff obviously but a lot of it doesn't get worn, and I can't wear stuff with everything, so I have 'pieces'... raf bolero anyone? ) .. I'll probably get in around/maybe a little more than $5000 here.

- MMM 5-zip jacket - $750, used
- Raf FW05 seasonal reissue classic long wool coat - $free, bartered
- TOJ brown Bomber with fur collar - $ my price (not free obviously)
- APC F2 jacket, black - $60? from supermarket
- APC navy hooded cotton 3/4 coat with removable liner - $500ish I think

- Hanes white tees - $6/pack
- Raf basic white BD collar shirt - $100 or so, got off supermarket
- APC buttondowns, approximately $100 or so each, one black/white stripe, one grey solid BD collar, one white
- APC oxford shirt, blue/white stripe - $100, sale.

- Jil FW06 keyhole neck knit in light grey marl - $300, y! jp
- APC charcoal cashmere v-neck, tight fitting - $100, sale
- RL charcoal cardigan with black lambskin elbow patches - $30, outlet (RIP, dog ate )
- a 'fun' oversize sweater or sweatshirt, ex. N. Hollywood oversize amish quilt sweatshirt - $250, sale (I have some oversized N. Hollywood, some oversized Raf knits, that 4HM sweater)

- APC NS in indigo X 2: one raw, one worn in - $160 each (I probably paid $250/pair since this is Korea)
- APC black overdyed stretch denim X1 - $160 (I actually have 2 pair, same story as above price wise)
- DH luster reissue black destroyed/distressed waxed jeans - $700 or so (was a splurge at the time)
- Jil Sander black beltless tapered wool/cotton blend trousers - $150, supermarket

- charcoal grey bespoke suit, super 120's, full canvassed jacket - $350ish, local shop

- black APC silk jacquard tie - $60?

- DH sidezip boots - $300, supermarket
- MMM white german army trainers - $175, sale (I have some weird colored pairs I got cheap from Yoox as well)
- MMM white hitops - $200ish, sale
- Jil Sander X Church's wholecut black laceups - $200, supermarket
- brown casual boots, I wear RW875 for this purpose - $250, ABC mart
- Repetto Zizi, white - $150, sale
- Converse his, made in the USA circa 1980, deadstock, white - $20 on ebay

This stuff gets me through everything in my life, I never feel like I 'need' to buy something to fill a gap in my wardrobe.
post #77 of 263
oh, also, a blazer or two would be nice, but I don't like them too much. I have a blackish colored Berrini blazer I wear with a white tee and jeans, and the repettos, when I feel like doing a Fuuma tribute.
post #78 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
mid-range charcoal suit $500

Lol what "mid-range" charcoal suit are you gonna find for $500?

The only retail option for $500 is probably TaT, quality-wise. RTW, otoh? You're almost totally stuck with fast fashion.
post #79 of 263
More often than not, this is the value of my ensemble. Of course, it's not jeans, t-shirts and sneakers...
post #80 of 263
any one of your guys, I think, would have done a better job with the Esquire article
post #81 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
Do you mean "has the muppet in my avatar always been driving a car?"

No, I meant it in that as I've always perceived your avatar the car has been the dominant figure in my mind- no muppet involved. From your response I'll assume it is and always has been a car driving muppet.
post #82 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
No, I meant it in that as I've always perceived your avatar the car has been the dominant figure in my mind- no muppet involved. From your response I'll assume it is and always has been a car driving muppet.

the muppet has always been there, testifying.
post #83 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post
Lol what "mid-range" charcoal suit are you gonna find for $500?

The only retail option for $500 is probably TaT, quality-wise. RTW, otoh? You're almost totally stuck with fast fashion.

I don't wear suits very often.
But for quality MTM in Asia or TaT
More realistically, a beater "fashiony" fused suits
post #84 of 263
I've posted them several times, here is the "Fuuma special" from Vass:

What I ordered:
Black calf leather
8 eyelets
No quick lacing hooks
Single sole (topy-ed)
Storm welted
Austerity brogue (that's a wing but no broguing)
F last




[/quote]

Worn:

post #85 of 263
Love that austerity brogue style. Very unexpected and clean. Big takeaway from having a set wardrobe budget: everything must work with everything. You're probably looking at a repetitive color palette (earth tones or the grey/blue set) and some similar aesthetics (prep and workwear, for example).
post #86 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician View Post
Do you mean "has the muppet in my avatar always been driving a car?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
No, I meant it in that as I've always perceived your avatar the car has been the dominant figure in my mind- no muppet involved. From your response I'll assume it is and always has been a car driving muppet.
Well, not when he was a baby
post #87 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuuma View Post
I've posted them several times, here is the "Fuuma special" from Vass:

What I ordered:
Black calf leather
8 eyelets
No quick lacing hooks
Single sole (topy-ed)
Storm welted
Austerity brogue (that's a wing but no broguing)
F last





Worn:

[/quote]

Those are sick!
post #88 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothersport View Post
Lol what "mid-range" charcoal suit are you gonna find for $500? The only retail option for $500 is probably TaT, quality-wise. RTW, otoh? You're almost totally stuck with fast fashion.
When someone only wears a suit 2-3 times a year for weddings and such, there really isn't a need to get a full MC approved $2000 suit. For like 2-3 times a year max i would think it silly to spend a ton especially for someone young and slim like delerium. I doubt longevity would come into play when you only where it like 12 times in 5 years. Probably wouldn't even have to get it cleaned unless you're a smoker or spill booze all over it (in that case good thing it wasn't a 2k suit) If he get into a situation where he needs a suit more often like once a week i'm sure he'll definitely be forced to step things up. Priorities would definitely change
post #89 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium View Post
I don't wear suits very often.
But for quality MTM in Asia or TaT
More realistically, a beater "fashiony" fused suits

TaT is about the only choice for an MTM suit at that price for people who can't travel to Asia themselves. They do what they do well.
post #90 of 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronoaug View Post
When someone only wears a suit 2-3 times a year for weddings and such, there really isn't a need to get a full MC approved $2000 suit. For like 2-3 times a year max i would think it silly to spend a ton especially for someone young and slim like delerium. The nicest looking suit at h&m and a trip to the tailor would probably be more than enough. If you only where it 12 times in 5 years i'm sure it will hold up fine. Probably won't even need to dry clean unless you're a smoker or spill shit everywhere (if so, good thing you bought a cheap suit). He'd still look good but won't have the aura of quality about him. Better than the 80% of guys in crappy fitting/quality suits and then the 10% with nice quality but crappy fitting suits.

If i get into a situation where i need a suit more often like once a week i'll definitely be forced to step things up. Priorities would definitely change

The average style peasant probably can't determine between H&M and Savile Row.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The $5,000 Wardrobe