or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Plan my weekend in Manhattan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Plan my weekend in Manhattan - Page 7

post #91 of 183
Thread Starter 
I'm a philistine, flyover tourist, but this is still my threak. This threak needs more me!
post #92 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I would insult you, but you are not yet important.


- B

that's why you need winnicott all the more...
post #93 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
I'm a philistine, flyover tourist, but this is still my threak. This threak needs more me!

Do you play the piano?

- B
post #94 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccvi View Post
that's why you need winnicott all the more...

I might just insult you for the hell of it.

Before I do, though, I want to know that you are okay with that.


- B
post #95 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
Really looking to mediumtime it this trip..

cafe boulud
and it's right next to the Whitney (which I can also get you into for free)
post #96 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
I'm a philistine, flyover tourist, but this is still my threak. This threak needs more me!

You are right.

But then again Mark, those elitest east coast egos are not like yours and mine in our flyover state.

If you do a walk by of my historic birthplace at 40 Clinton St. on the LES I'll up the ante and buy you drinks too.

In any event enjoy the trip.

If you do the LES trip ( an admitted long shot for this NYC trip ), another idea came up too.

If the weather is nice do a walking tour of Delancey St., certainly a historic place. And then walk directly across the Williamsburg Br. and have a steak at Peter Lugers. I used to do it with my Dad in the 1950s.
post #97 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmith View Post
cafe boulud
and it's right next to the Whitney (which I can also get you into for free)

I really like Café Boulud for lunch.

- B
post #98 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
You are right.

But then again Mark, those elitest east coast egos are not like yours and mine in our flyover state.


Are you insulting me?




- B
post #99 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
I might just insult you for the hell of it. Before I do, though, I want to know that you are okay with that. - B
"I believe your questions demonstrate more about you than my answers demonstrate about me." ~antonioni's 'the passenger'
post #100 of 183
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Do you play the piano?

- B

No piano. I play the guitar really badly, but that helps me not at all in my appreciation of Chopin. Although my cousin is a professional musician in Branson (banjo and guitar mostly). On his last studio album he recorded Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring done entirely on banjo. There's some weird shit out there.
post #101 of 183
oh and mark, really think about the jazz standard. its a great venue for jazz.
post #102 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post
Per Se is super big time at $275 a person. Reservations can be tough, too. Eleven Madison still has tough reservations, but at $88/person or $125 for the tasting menu, much more affordable. I've been to EMP a few times, and IMO it's one of the best resaurants in NYC. Other choices are Daniel, Jean Georges, Le Bernardin, Del Posto, or even Joel Rubachon (haven't tried, really want to try).

Does that include pairings or not?
post #103 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano View Post
No piano. I play the guitar really badly, but that helps me not at all in my appreciation of Chopin. Although my cousin is a professional musician in Branson (banjo and guitar mostly). On his last studio album he recorded Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring done entirely on banjo. There's some weird shit out there.

Someday, I hope to hear Manton on piano and you on guitar doing your duo version of the Rondo in C major, Op. 73.

I will bring two or three hankies to that one because tears are a certainty.


- B
post #104 of 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Does that include pairings or not?

You mean wine?

They don't really do that there, so no.


- B
post #105 of 183
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxsartoria View Post
Rondo in C major, Op. 73.

- B

Was this a Don Henley song? I'll see if I can find it in my Eagles compendium.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Plan my weekend in Manhattan