or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Belt with black Chucks and navy slip-ons
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Belt with black Chucks and navy slip-ons

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
What kind of belt does you all generally wear with jeans and black Chucks or navy slip-ons. A brown leather belt always seems a little off to me, but black leather looks even worse. A canvas belt works for both but I don't want to be restricted to canvas whenever I wear my Chucks (which is a lot). Thanks for your comments.
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by BourbonAndPeanuts
What kind of belt does you all generally wear with jeans and black Chucks or navy slip-ons. A brown leather belt always seems a little off to me, but black leather looks even worse. A canvas belt works for both but I don't want to be restricted to canvas whenever I wear my Chucks (which is a lot). Thanks for your comments.

Rule of thumb: belt should always match the color of your shoes, not necessarily the same material. Black leather plus black Chucks looks completely fine to me. In fact it is my common weekend wear, although I additionally own a pair of leather black chucks.
post #3 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrchapel
Rule of thumb: belt should always match the color of your shoes, not necessarily the same material.
no.

Maybe if you're wearing a suit. Not if you're wearing a t-shirt and sneakers.
post #4 of 13
I think a black leather belt (especially a studded one) looks good with jeans and black Chucks, but that doesn't help you if you don't like the look.
post #5 of 13
Thread Starter 
Yeah, I generally don't like belts with too much detail and a plain black belt looks a little too dressed up to go with beat up Chucks, at least for me. I am coming around to the brown leather belt look but was just wondering what everyone else thought of it.
post #6 of 13
How about white?
post #7 of 13
I wear either a studded black or plain white leather belt with my chucks
post #8 of 13
I wear a beat up western style belt with my chucks... look fine in my opinion.
post #9 of 13
I wear my old brown leather belt or beige web belt with all my casual sneakers, including chucks.
post #10 of 13
Lime green suede belt here.
post #11 of 13
I like casual cotton/fabric d-ring belts with jeans/sneakers.

or a nice thick brown suede/distressed belt.
post #12 of 13
How about a dirty shade of cream leather or suede?

Or a black leather belt with some sort of tooled design?
post #13 of 13
Do you feel you have to match belt/shoe colors? Also, should the belt be a washed or is a new/dark dye ok? I would think either a white or black (probably washed?) canvas belt would work. In the past, I've always worn a black leather belt with my black chucks. I'm thinking of buying olive and khaki canvas belts also, because I think they look cool, but obviously I don't have olive or khaki colored shoes, so I want to know if the belt has to match the shoes. Adamm PS: Where is the best place to find canvas belts anyway?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick
I like casual cotton/fabric d-ring belts with jeans/sneakers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Belt with black Chucks and navy slip-ons