or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Where can I find this shirt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where can I find this shirt - Page 3

post #31 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by HahvahdBond View Post
Ahh. In that case, I would encourage you to put up a picture of your naked behind. That way, we can all see how much of an ass you are outside of the Internet.

So you're a public performer, yet afraid to let us see your performance? What's that all about? On the other hand I'm not a naked exhibitionist, so it would be out of character for me to post such pictures of myself.

Regardless, you originally felt it was relevant to tell us the shirt is for wearing on stage in a metal band. Yet later you claim being able to see or hear you perform is irrelevant! Posting it would truly make this thread more interesting, similar to how posting fit pics makes the forum more interesting.

Clothing is more than just a shirt, it is a reflection of your lifestyle. Some of the best posters on this forum reveal little pieces of their lives slowly over time, adding a human element that's far too often missing from on-line forums. I was only encouraging you to do the same, but if you're feeling shy then I understand. Hopefully you will hang around and participate more beyond asking where to find a shirt. We could really use some more variety here, and having someone from a metal band posting their outfits to the WAYWT thread might be interesting.
post #32 of 39
Most performers have their costumes custom made. That shirt is clearly not for street wear and will be very hard to find RTW unless you find a costume/ theatrical supplier.
post #33 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerp View Post
Most performers have their costumes custom made.
That shirt is clearly not for street wear and will be
very hard
to find RTW unless you find a costume/
theatrical supplier.

?...You could throw a rock in most American malls and hit a shirt like this. It looks like one of those Robert Graham shirts
post #34 of 39
I'm confused as to why someone in a metal band would want to dress like a douchey "country" music singer like the guy from Rascal Flatts.
post #35 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossoso View Post
These are from Tobi, one of the SF affiliates that has a link at the top of the page. ... They are all from a brand called 7 Diamonds. You also get 10% off at Tobi for being a SF member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossoso View Post
You should also check out revolveclothing.com I seem to remember them having a lot of shirts in the same vein as what you're looking for.
Hossoso, I rather liked some of the shirts that Tobi had. I may buy a few from her. I couldn't find anything from revolveclothing, but they do look like they may carry similar clothing as well. You've been very helpful -- thank you; I really appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg View Post
?...You could throw a rock in most American malls and hit a shirt like this. It looks like one of those Robert Graham shirts
Ahh, I looked at some of the Robert Graham shirts and rather liked them, as well. It's not something I would wear for my performances, but it is definitely something I could wear on a night out.
post #36 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB1 View Post
So you're a public performer, yet afraid to let us see your performance? What's that all about? On the other hand I'm not a naked exhibitionist, so it would be out of character for me to post such pictures of myself. Regardless, you originally felt it was relevant to tell us the shirt is for wearing on stage in a metal band. Yet later you claim being able to see or hear you perform is irrelevant! Posting it would truly make this thread more interesting, similar to how posting fit pics makes the forum more interesting. Clothing is more than just a shirt, it is a reflection of your lifestyle. Some of the best posters on this forum reveal little pieces of their lives slowly over time, adding a human element that's far too often missing from on-line forums. I was only encouraging you to do the same, but if you're feeling shy then I understand. Hopefully you will hang around and participate more beyond asking where to find a shirt. We could really use some more variety here, and having someone from a metal band posting their outfits to the WAYWT thread might be interesting.
Let me just say that the reactions here to some of my preferences does in the least encourage me to post pictures. Even so, I doubt my posting any pictures would elicit any additional information on the shirt -- if anything, it may result in a lot of criticism, and folks offering suggestions on improving my style (or my music). Now, arguably, that's not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, I would even welcome it elsewhere -- but that's not the intent of this post. Of course, it's possible that if I hung out here long enough, I may post pictures and solicit feedback. It's just that this post isn't about that. I do appreciate the intent of your comment, though. Cheers.
post #37 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millerp View Post
Most performers have their costumes custom made. That shirt is clearly not for street wear and will be very hard to find RTW unless you find a costume/ theatrical supplier.
Ahh, quite possibly so. I have a feeling that that particular shirt is perhaps bespoke. I may just end up talking to W.W. Chan or someone to see if they can make something similar. Cheers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizoku View Post
I'm confused as to why someone in a metal band would want to dress like a douchey "country" music singer like the guy from Rascal Flatts.
Because I want to?
post #38 of 39
You might want to check out Rockmount, which is one of the originators of this shirt style http://www.rockmount.com/shirts/vintage.asp

Rockmount is quite popular among musicians. They also make custom shirts.
post #39 of 39
I didn't know Guy Fieri played metal...I see the old dudes on Real Housewives of OC wearing those shirts with the gaudy sleeves all the time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Where can I find this shirt