or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Watch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Watch - Page 5  

post #61 of 113
Quote:
Quote:
Cartier do not make his movement. Watches are nice but movement not "in house" and often very cheap from ETA (= 100 euros).
Any comments on that people... What of the Pasha, which I own, I mean the movement does not look like it cost 100 Euros / 60 English... (perhaps that could be the mark up, but if that is the case, it surely is with all watch brands) Thank you so much Image WIS for clearing things up, now we just must tell the misinformed Ernest about his "Jeager" In addition Ernest, "Cartier do not make his movement." Is nonsensical English, for one thing your verb does not agree with the subject, and for another I did not know that Louis Cartier is still alive? (Sarcasm). Moreover, as I said before in a quote from the Cartier catalogue: "Cartier makes it a point of honor to create the majority of its movements" (so if you want to argue with that Ernest, you will need to take Cartier to court). Although WIS you did say so, so I would agree with you as you seem very knowledgeable about watches. Although I would not agree with the Rolex-Benz comparision. I would say that a Cartier, Audemars Piguet, and Bvlgari are like a Benz, Maserati, Jaguar or Porsche, quite well made but not outstanding, but forfill their function impeccably, and look good too. The Pateks, Rolexs and Vacherons of this world are like Audis, Sabbs and Volvos, don't look too good, but built to last with amazing standards of quality. All the watch fanatics out there, don't get me wrong, I agree that the Pateks and Vacherons are far better, but when you compare a five hundred pound nonsense watch (Jaeger) to a Cartier, which both looks by far one of the best watches, and has a reasonable quality movement, I think you are stupid, unless of course old man is your desired image (Jaeger)
Cartier makes it a point of honor to create the majority of its movements Use your brain for once.... = Point of honor = doesn't mean they did majority = what kind of majority? 30%, 51%, 99% ? Cartier doenst' make his movement, they come in the best way from Piguet...
post #62 of 113
Thread Starter 
I think Jeager is your replica Jaeger Le Coultre, as I said, by the way Ernest, my point about the invention of the watch was (yes not is, as you commonly get confused with your English) backed by WIS, so perhaps you should not tell me not to comment on watches, and also why don't you ring Cartier if you find their claim so fasicuous. I can't realy understand what you are saying here
Quote:
Where did you find I was a Reverso fan or even a Jeager fan? I have a Cartier, so I am a Cartier fan? I telle Jeager is better than Cartier so I am a Jeager fan? I have the both and prefer Jeager...What am I ?
what is telle, not a word in my opinion. Maybe it's French. Don't take it as confrontational Ernest, just trying to get you to stop saying things that you do not know. So tell me, what do you think of the good watch brands like VC, AP, PP, A Lang and Sohe etc.?
post #63 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Point of honor = doesn't mean they did majority = what kind of majority? 30%, 51%, 99% ?
In proper English "Point of honor" does mean they DO (not did mate, take an English lesson) and majority means more that 50%, in mathematical terms, and as a product description has to be 100% accurate or they are liable to be sued, I do not think they would risk it.
post #64 of 113
Thread Starter 
I did not find you were a Reverso fan, I assumed so as you like your replica Jaegers, the fine Jeager
post #65 of 113
Quote:
I did not find you were a Reverso fan, I assumed so as you like your replica Jaegers, the fine Jeager
Excellent. Perhaps he also owns a Pateck Fillipe (or the ever-elusive model the Patec Phillip)?
post #66 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
they come in the best way from Piguet...
I pray that you mean Audemars Piguet and not Piaget, if so I still do not agree, but they are ONE of the best. If you think you now so much, tell me, what is a tourbillion?
post #67 of 113
Thread Starter 
I may just be going over the top Ernest, so forgive me if you find this rude.
post #68 of 113
Quote:
I think Jeager is your replica Jaeger Le Coultre, as I said, by the way Ernest, my point about the invention of the watch was backef by WIS, so perhaps you should not tell me not to comment on watches, and also why don't you ring Cartier if you find their claim so fasicuous. I can't realy understand what you are saying here
Quote:
Where did you find I was a Reverso fan or even a Jeager fan? I have a Cartier, so I am a Cartier fan? I telle Jeager is better than Cartier so I am a Jeager fan? I have the both and prefer Jeager...What am I ?
what is telle, not a word in my opinion. Maybe it's French. Don't take it as confrontational Ernest, just trying to get you to stop saying things that you do not know. So tell me, what you think of the good watch brands like VC, AP, PP, A Lang and Sohe etc.?
Nice brand and true MANUFACTURE If Cartier made the first wristwatch this is only because he was a jeweler and accept to do what other brands refuses = take a pocketwatch and put it on the wrist They did not create anything but the strap because everything from clockwork to arrows - all pattents which had made possible to wear watch on wrist instead of in the pocket - were not create by Cartier but by Jeager, Breguet....
post #69 of 113
Quote:
Quote:
Point of honor = doesn't mean they did majority =  what kind of majority? 30%, 51%, 99%  ?
In proper English "Point of honor" does mean they DO (not did mate, take an English lesson) and majority means more that 50%, in mathematical terms, and as a product description has to be 100% accurate or they are liable to be sued, I do not think they would risk it.
only 50.5% of in house movement could make Cartier a MANUFACTURE? CARTIER do NOT make any of his movement.......... Even in the collection privée. You do not thing they will risk? With people like you, thinking all they read they do not risk anything.... If Cartier made the "first" WRISTwatch 100 years ago that makes of them a MANUFACTURE ? Even if they hadn't do anaything important after? And nor even a movement today?
post #70 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Where did you find I was a Reverso fan or even a Jeager fan? I have a Cartier, so I am a Cartier fan? I telle Jeager is better than Cartier so I am a Jeager fan? I have the both and prefer Jeager...What am I ?
Maybe you were trying to write a poem, awwww. (Read Donne first, it may give you some ideas...) Now he calls a Pasha a Pacha, this is the king of replica land, oops no emperor of replica galaxy, oh no it's the almighty ruler of the replica universe.
Quote:
200 euros? What does it look like? Who talked about Pacha? Please do not think only with the watch you own... What is the movement of a PACHA? Made by whom? What is his cost?
You're English sounds like you are from China or Eastern Europe, am I right?
post #71 of 113
Quote:
You're English sounds like you are from China or Eastern Europe, am I right?
He's your neighbour across the strait.
post #72 of 113
Quote:
Quote:
they come in the best way from Piguet...
I pray that you mean Audemars Piguet and not Piaget, if so I still do not agree, but they are ONE of the best. If you think you now so much, tell me, what is a tourbillion?
FREDERIQUE PIGUET, you should know it or what means you do not know what you buy (as some Cartier/PACHA had a Piguet....) Stop you are ridiculious with your tourbillon....
post #73 of 113
Quote:
Quote:
Quote they come in the best way from Piguet...
I pray that you mean Audemars Piguet and not Piaget, if so I still do not agree, but they are ONE of the best. If you think you now so much, tell me, what is a tourbillion?
FREDERIQUE PIGUET, you should know it or what means you do not know what you buy (as some Cartier/PACHA had a Piguet....) Stop you are ridiculious with your tourbillon....[/quote] that means of course.
post #74 of 113
Quote:
Quote:
Where did you find I was a Reverso fan or even a Jeager fan? I have a Cartier, so I am a Cartier fan? I telle Jeager is better than Cartier so I am a Jeager fan? I have the both and prefer Jeager...What am I ?
Maybe you were trying to write a poem, awwww. (Read Donne first, it may give you some ideas...) Now he calls a Pasha a Pacha, this is the king of replica land, oops no emperor of replica galaxy, oh no it's the almighty ruler of the replica universe.
Quote:
200 euros? What does it look like? Who talked about Pacha? Please do not think only with the watch you own... What is the movement of a PACHA? Made by whom? What is his cost?
You're English sounds like you are from China or Eastern Europe, am I right?
Do not try to hide your ignorance of movement (compare Cartier with Jeager/ ignore frederique Piguet....) and taste (diamonds watches for a man...) behind some details of syntax or english in my replies. English is not my language so if you want we can go on in french...
post #75 of 113
Thread Starter 
Quote:
CARTIER do NOT make any of his movement..........
Please stop it, Cartier is no longer a person, (he is dead in case you forgot), so STOP calling Cartier HE.
Quote:
only 50.5% of in house movement could make Cartier a MANUFACTURE?
So what, perhaps they sell 49.5% Must de Cartier watches (Now that you can compare to a "Jeager" NO. it is Jaeger)
Quote:
Even in the collection privée.
At least you know about it, but first tell me what they do, and no they do not make watches.
Quote:
You do not thing they will risk? With people like you, thinking all they read they do not risk anything....
Unlike you some of us do own and have experince of large firms.
Quote:
f Cartier made the "first" WRISTwatch 100 years ago that makes of them a MANUFACTURE ? Even if they hadn't do anaything important after? And nor even a movement today?
So to you what does "MANUFACTURE" mean? What the bloody hel does "Even if they hadn't do anaything important after? And nor even a movement today?" mean?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Watch