or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Good quality basic color t-shirts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Good quality basic color t-shirts?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
I'm a minimalist type of guy who favors solid-colored t-shirts (It's ok, I'm an accountant). Anyhow, my shirts are getting old and I need to replace them. What companies make good plain shirts that will last a long time?

Fit is also important - structurally, I have narrower shoulders, but I lift, so they're filled out. I seem to be in between M and L. The former is too tight, while the latter will be baggy around the waist. I don't suppose there are any athletic cut t-shirts out there?
post #2 of 18
Club monaco has nice cheap t-shirts that are decent quality and a bit stretchy with a decent athletic cut. If you want them real cheap check out the outlets that have them for like $10, same t-shirts as in the regular stores.
post #3 of 18
Check out GAP as well. I love their Athletic fit tees (and I'm quite skinny, finding well-fitting clothes is tough). Very soft cotton, not too thin (much better than basic Fruit of the Loom tees).
post #4 of 18
American Apparel. Their sizes run a bit smaller so a Large will probably fit you perfectly.
post #5 of 18
Try Alternative Apparel instead of American.
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoopee
Try Alternative Apparel instead of American.



how do these shirt fit? are they comparable to anything. I am typically a small.
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete
how do these shirt fit? are they comparable to anything. I am typically a small.

They're a bit roomier than American and quite a bit softer. The problem with Alt is that they don't make smalls in most of their shirt styles.
post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick
Check out GAP as well. I love their Athletic fit tees (and I'm quite skinny, finding well-fitting clothes is tough). Very soft cotton, not too thin (much better than basic Fruit of the Loom tees).

I second GAP as well.

Jon.
post #9 of 18
H&M aren't great quality but their basic tees are cheap and not too bad. I got some for 5 euros a pop when I was in Germany.
post #10 of 18
SIR, while the fit of AA is beyond reproach, there have been issues with the construction. My take is that for $6-9 a pop (see eBay or forum user TheGrapist), I can afford not to care about replacing a tshirt after 18 months. The vertical shrinkage is something to note, however.
post #11 of 18
I, for one, am amused.
post #12 of 18
hurrah for the forum consensus
post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by forum consensus poster
SIR, while the fit of AA is beyond reproach .... The vertical shrinkage is something to note, however.

Alright, what would you say is the vertical shrinkage? I tend to wear smalls because I'm rather skinny (5'10 at 145-150 lbs). Would the smalls probably shrink too much for me to make use of them? I've been in need of t-shirts for a while, so I'm thinking about getting some blank t's from American Apparel and then 3 or so shirts from Threadless when there's a sale... Hopefully they'll have some good graphics.
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSore
Alright, what would you say is the vertical shrinkage? I tend to wear smalls because I'm rather skinny (5'10 at 145-150 lbs). Would the smalls probably shrink too much for me to make use of them? I've been in need of t-shirts for a while, so I'm thinking about getting some blank t's from American Apparel and then 3 or so shirts from Threadless when there's a sale... Hopefully they'll have some good graphics.

I'm 6' and have no problem with AA length. I wouldn't worry about it at 5'10. The only problem could be if you wear your pants super low.
post #15 of 18
generra basic tees are great--they also do the contrast stitching on the basic tee.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Good quality basic color t-shirts?