or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › $300 for sneakers: is there something wrong with me?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

$300 for sneakers: is there something wrong with me? - Page 4

post #46 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapmutha
what sb are 300+ retail? the most ive seen them for in a skateshop is 100, for the get help dunks i think they were. most sb are around 70 where im at.

Nike does limited runs with their SB line, meaning that sometimes the shoes get extremely limited runs. Once the shoes sell out, the price of them sometimes go up 10x the orginial price. Some as the shoes, such as the city series, the Unkle dunks, and even the rarest of the rare Tinker PRods, go for upwards of $300+ after the stop production.
post #47 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
Reading comprehension is your friend. Go back to jail and don't pass go. FYI those are $300 adidas tennis shoes.

so what you're saying is that Prada and LV are where you should go for your bang for the buck? lol

of course when considering the Y3 you are paying for the name/look, that's patently obvious, but your comment was ridiculously hypocritical. If you're going to make a price/quality argument, please don't bring up LV or Prada.
post #48 of 65
So you're saying there's no quality associated with prada or LV right? Keep in mind they are 300 and so are the adidas. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
post #49 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
So you're saying there's no quality associated with prada or LV right?

Ditto.
post #50 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
See, I think this is nuts for $209. I mean really, they look like Vans.



http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...oduct=DASS-MZ1

Jon.

I have a pair from that line. Puma Rudolph Dassler signature line. One of my favorite shoes. Link

Used a coupon and they were a little over $100. Great fit, goes great with almost anything I wear from work to going out on the town.
post #51 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
So you're saying there's no quality associated with prada or LV right? Keep in mind they are 300 and so are the adidas. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

LV shoes are contract manufactured, for the most part they are considered substantially lower price/quality than other manufacturers with similar price points (C&J comes to mind, as well as many others) Prada sneakers aren't any better made than most mainstream brands. For the most part sneakers in general aren't purchased for their durability or quality, or even price/quality ratio, otherwise we'd all be in new balances. I would group all three of these providers in the same ballpark in terms of quality of construction. Pretty much when you're talking about sneakers look and feel would be what you would be looking for, if you feel the need to pay for brand name then go right ahead.

Please don't get into an argument about the quality of LV/Prada sartorial products, on this forum you don't even want to go there. I think some LV leather goods/accessories are decent, I use a taiga leather card case as my primary wallet, but for the most part, all you're paying for is the name and logo, at least now as opposed to at turn of the 20th century.
post #52 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
LV shoes are contract manufactured, for the most part they are considered substantially lower price/quality than other manufacturers with similar price points (C&J comes to mind, as well as many others) Prada sneakers aren't any better made than most mainstream brands. For the most part sneakers in general aren't purchased for their durability or quality, or even price/quality ratio, otherwise we'd all be in new balances. I would group all three of these providers in the same ballpark in terms of quality of construction. Pretty much when you're talking about sneakers look and feel would be what you would be looking for, if you feel the need to pay for brand name then go right ahead.

Please don't get into an argument about the quality of LV/Prada sartorial products, on this forum you don't even want to go there. I think some LV leather goods/accessories are decent, I use a taiga leather card case as my primary wallet, but for the most part, all you're paying for is the name and logo, at least now as opposed to at turn of the 20th century.
i would have scored this at 40-15 but i gave up tennis cos I couldnt afford the shoes.
post #53 of 65
Quote:
you have prada and LV shoes and you're accusing someone of buying something for the name?

pot kettle black?

btw yes i'm back.

Wow, long time no post drizz! Welcome back.
post #54 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
Nike does limited runs with their SB line, meaning that sometimes the shoes get extremely limited runs. Once the shoes sell out, the price of them sometimes go up 10x the orginial price. Some as the shoes, such as the city series, the Unkle dunks, and even the rarest of the rare Tinker PRods, go for upwards of $300+ after the stop production.

i know that after they sell out the price goes up, but im talking real retail. the price that they sell for in a skate shop, not ebay. im sure that some shops will mark up the shit like crazy, but when they drop, in an honest shop, ive never seen 300$
post #55 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy
I have a pair from that line. Puma Rudolph Dassler signature line. One of my favorite shoes. Link

Used a coupon and they were a little over $100. Great fit, goes great with almost anything I wear from work to going out on the town.

Zappos has some from the 96 hours collection on sale, but really the only model I like doesn't look too good in real life (Nordstrom has it).

I decided to get the Y-3's. I like them, I know they fit me and I can afford them.

Jon.
post #56 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Zappos has some from the 96 hours collection on sale, but really the only model I like doesn't look too good in real life (Nordstrom has it).

I decided to get the Y-3's. I like them, I know they fit me and I can afford them.

Jon.

It can't be too good of a sale. Cheapest 96 Hours shoes I see is a tad under $170 and is the one I mentioned earlier. Where did you order your Y-3 from?
post #57 of 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
LV shoes are contract manufactured, for the most part they are considered substantially lower price/quality than other manufacturers with similar price points (C&J comes to mind, as well as many others) Prada sneakers aren't any better made than most mainstream brands. For the most part sneakers in general aren't purchased for their durability or quality, or even price/quality ratio, otherwise we'd all be in new balances. I would group all three of these providers in the same ballpark in terms of quality of construction. Pretty much when you're talking about sneakers look and feel would be what you would be looking for, if you feel the need to pay for brand name then go right ahead.

Please don't get into an argument about the quality of LV/Prada sartorial products, on this forum you don't even want to go there. I think some LV leather goods/accessories are decent, I use a taiga leather card case as my primary wallet, but for the most part, all you're paying for is the name and logo, at least now as opposed to at turn of the 20th century.

Actually I'd like to hear more if you don't mind. I'm curious as to the source of this info as well.
post #58 of 65
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygyzy
It can't be too good of a sale. Cheapest 96 Hours shoes I see is a tad under $170 and is the one I mentioned earlier. Where did you order your Y-3 from?

I didn't. A local store (by local I mean in SoFLA, the store is a good hour away) has them and I have to go pick them up.

Zappos has one pair for around $100.

Jon.
post #59 of 65
Quote:
$300 for sneakers: is there something wrong with me?
no.
post #60 of 65
yes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › $300 for sneakers: is there something wrong with me?