Originally Posted by Lel
So, aside from a new campaign, what are people expecting from Halo:Reach?
Kick-ass new multiplayer modes; Bungie have really delivered that with each generation. Halo 2 had the best integrated vehicle/FPS gameplay on consoles(obviously BF:1942 was king on PCs), bombing modes, Team SWAT which made it like Counterstrike, and oddball modes like, well, Oddball. In addition, it had one of the best matchmaking systems for its era, and you could play the whole game in Co-Op.
Halo 3 had total customization for things like Grifball, CTF with mobile bases, Ninjaball, Run For Cover, Infection(humans vs. Zombies), etc., etc., plus all of the regular game modes. They also created 4-player Co-Op Live; you could play the whole game with friends over the internet, and people could drop in and out freely.
Things I'd like to see in Reach:
- More defined roles for weapons
- More interesting vehicles like the Brute Chopper, Elephant and the Hornet
- New assault/objective modes
- More squad controls - setting objectives and waypoints on the fly.
- Classes like sniper, medic, heavy weapons in Halo for the first time