or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Dovers or Ectons?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dovers or Ectons?

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
In the ensuing weeks I am going to be purchasing my first pair of EGs (), and I am still debating between the Dovers and the Ectons. Suggestions for colors are welcomed too.

So far I am leaning towards the Dovers in Dark Oak antique... but the more I see the Ectons the more I like them.

Discuss.

Dover:



Ecton:

post #2 of 37
To simplify you decision, I would choose the Ecton's in
Dark Oak. I prefer three eyelets. The Dovers look a bit
too Alden for me.
post #3 of 37
Get both.

Regards.
post #4 of 37
I don't wish to complicate your choice even further, but Edward Green is reviving a 1930s spilt toe - the Sandhurst - which will be available on the 888 last. It might be worth waiting for, but if you can't, I prefer the Ecton to the Dover. I haven't seen the Sandhurst: Simon Crompton writes about it here: http://permanentstyle.blogspot.com/2...ard-green.html
post #5 of 37
Dover. With only three rows of eyelets, the Ecton looks too snouty and imbalanced to me.
post #6 of 37
Perth, the Sandhurst (on display @ pitti) is nice to though ...
post #7 of 37
Dovers or better yet try and find some RLPL Carters.
post #8 of 37
Athough the Ecton is a very nice shoe, I own two pair of the EG Dover. Love that shoe!
post #9 of 37
Here are some comparison shots of Carter and Ecton that I did a while ago. I also have a shot of Dover in 5 different hides on 5 different lasts that I'll try to find.


ture2226wf.jpg[/IMG][/url]

post #10 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikar View Post
Get both.

Regards.

I forgot to say, both is not quite an option!

Quote:
I don't wish to complicate your choice even further, but Edward Green is reviving a 1930s spilt toe - the Sandhurst - which will be available on the 888 last. It might be worth waiting for, but if you can't, I prefer the Ecton to the Dover.

I haven't seen the Sandhurst: Simon Crompton writes about it here:

http://permanentstyle.blogspot.com/2...ard-green.html

I read Simon's article, and I was actually quite curious as to what that looked like... I might wait for that one before I make a decision.

And thanks for the replies thus far!
post #11 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Dover. With only three rows of eyelets, the Ecton looks too snouty and imbalanced to me.

"imbalanced"? I've learned a new word.
Thanks. I've always told myself that SF
was educational beyond style.
post #12 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by aportnoy View Post
Here are some comparison shots of Carter and Ecton that I did a while ago. I also have a shot of Dover in 5 different hides on 5 different lasts that I'll try to find.


ture2226wf.jpg[/IMG][/url]


You have thirty+ pairs of shoes but just one rug?
Or is that your "shoe rug"?
post #13 of 37
Both have gemming, so if you get either, you might as well douse your shoes and feet with cheap liquor and set the whole lot aflame. I own and wear both, but shamefully. - B
post #14 of 37
this poal is like trying to decide which identical twin to bang. and the best answer to both questions is the same - do both!
post #15 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post
this poal is like trying to decide which identical twin to bang.

and the best answer to both questions is the same - do both!

Technically speaking, it is more difficult to wear Ectons and Dovers at the same time.

So, I award you Analogy Phail.


- B
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Dovers or Ectons?