or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Archer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Archer - Page 28

post #406 of 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Just watched the most recent episode. It was indeed excellent. The one before it was solid, too. Maybe the reboot is finally hitting its stride.
My stupid DVR only recorded the last nine seconds of this episode because my wife had scheduled a bunch of other crap for the same time. Lame.
Quote:
And, yeah, I like the fact that Archer is back to being a badass. It's one thing to tinker with the characters, but making Archer completely inept was just a terrible idea.

They started this last season, the incompetence to badass ratio had slipped pretty far. The stuff with him fighting to crash planes/space shuttles never really made any sense, just being an inept asshole for the sake of it?
post #407 of 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

My stupid DVR only recorded the last nine seconds of this episode because my wife had scheduled a bunch of other crap for the same time. Lame.

That sucks. You missed a good one.

My DVR did something similar with the first episode of Justified this season. I was pissed.
Quote:
They started this last season, the incompetence to badass ratio had slipped pretty far. The stuff with him fighting to crash planes/space shuttles never really made any sense, just being an inept asshole for the sake of it?

True. It has been a long decline. I'm glad they're mitigating it now, though. They didn't do anything about it last season, and that one was weak start to finish. This season looks like it's really coming around, which is awesome.
post #408 of 414
Did you guys notice that Cheryl was strumming on a guitar that looked just like Stevie Ray Vaughan's guitar?




Edited by HORNS - 3/25/14 at 7:34pm
post #409 of 414
Great episode again. Their "editing" was perfect.
post #410 of 414
Agreed. The whole palace series has been great to watch.
post #411 of 414
I thought the last 5 or so episodes were great.
post #412 of 414

They should just have spent 80% of the season in San Marcos instead of coke-Pam for 80%. Cyril as a dictator and Krieger-clones had so much more potential.

post #413 of 414
Somebody told me that was the season finale

They're probably going to go back to doing Isis now
post #414 of 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by worakl View Post

They should just have spent 80% of the season in San Marcos instead of coke-Pam for 80%. Cyril as a dictator and Krieger-clones had so much more potential.

Yeah. The Coke-Pam was fun for an episode or so, but they kind of beat it to death. There were three or four totally flat episodes in the mid-season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Somebody told me that was the season finale

They're probably going to go back to doing Isis now

They are, Adam Reed said as much in a recent interview.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Archer