At least the lapels are really bad-ass wide á la Tom Ford....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Creepy Sartorial Images - Page 214post #3196 of 41823/5/13 at 3:12am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3197 of 41823/5/13 at 4:12pmpost #3198 of 41823/5/13 at 4:22pm
I knew who they were before they were famous, and probably before you. And I'm almost certainly older than you. And better dressed. Nyah nyah nyah.
Seriously, I also thought they were pretty dismal from the start, whatever they thought they were doing, although certainly there are far worse things around in the same vein - Iggy Azalea, for example.post #3199 of 41823/5/13 at 5:22pm
Their first album was actually quite brilliant--'Enter the Ninja' being one of the best songs of the year, IMO. The whole point is the male rapper, at least, is characterising a hyper-racist, purposefully dumb (within the context of the characterisation) South African ex-con-gone-American-mainstream rapper. I'll agree, that their whole-hearted continuation of said characterisation(s) is a little overbearing.post #3200 of 41823/5/13 at 6:23pmQuote:
I wouldn't say it was that good. I was slightly amused by it the first time I heard it, but once you've got the joke, there's really not a lot to them. Mind you, I'm off to see Electric Six later this month, so what do I know about one-joke bands...post #3201 of 41823/6/13 at 5:18am
Thing is, Die Antwoord aren't a 'joke band'--Electric Six are--I don't know where you got that from. Personal taste is personal taste, but there's more to that first album that humour--arresting beats, quick, smart rapping and catchy melodies. Obviously, people are finding their image garish. Their second album was meh but not bad.
Edited by JapanAlex01 - 3/6/13 at 9:03ampost #3202 of 41823/6/13 at 8:59ampost #3203 of 41823/6/13 at 9:10ampost #3204 of 41823/6/13 at 9:17ampost #3205 of 41823/6/13 at 6:00pmpost #3206 of 41823/7/13 at 5:59amQuote:Originally Posted by JapanAlex01
Their first album was actually quite brilliant--'Enter the Ninja' being one of the best songs of the year, IMO. The whole point is the male rapper, at least, is characterising a hyper-racist, purposefully dumb (within the context of the characterisation) South African ex-con-gone-American-mainstream rapper. I'll agree, that their whole-hearted continuation of said characterisation(s) is a little overbearing.
Whether they are a joke band or not, his "middle eight" monologue in this song is hilarious.post #3207 of 41823/7/13 at 8:16ampost #3208 of 41823/7/13 at 7:40pmpost #3209 of 41823/8/13 at 3:35amQuote:
Pre-worn as we can all see...
- Creepy Sartorial Images
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 1 minute ago
- › Recent Purchases 6 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 10 minutes ago
- › AMAZING TOJ EXCHANGE THREAD (Don't sell for a loss. Trade for... 14 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 15 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › ‘vintage like’ special run Garza to be made by Patrizio Cappelli -... 23 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 27 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 28 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 34 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)