or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The OCBD collar roll thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OCBD collar roll thread - Page 7

post #91 of 309
Borrelli?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
post #92 of 309
I knew doo doo brown stripe rocked. Love it Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
post #93 of 309
thanks, shirt is Orian.
post #94 of 309
New arrivals:
post #95 of 309
Not oxford cloth but still button-down shirt...
post #96 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by embowafa View Post
+1. At work the other day I was having a collar roll discussion and he's also having trouble finding shirts that produce a nice roll. My shirts are mostly moving toward spread collars, but I want a few rolling button down collars.
post #97 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post
+1. At work the other day I was having a collar roll discussion and he's also having trouble finding shirts that produce a nice roll.

My shirts are mostly moving toward spread collars, but I want a few rolling button down collars.

I am using that collar/roll as a sample for the shirts I want to make.
post #98 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
I am using that collar/roll as a sample for the shirts I want to make.

Cool, I may hold off on buying those Orians and buy some Pantas.

My RL OCBD just doesnt roll well.
post #99 of 309
Man, this is great SF fap material.
post #100 of 309
Thread Starter 
From gregraz:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaz View Post
post #101 of 309
I scored a couple of the O'connell's NOS brooks OCBD shirts (which are currently at my tailors being re-cut). I'm not all that impressed with the collar roll but I will post picks when they're wearable.
post #102 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbond View Post
I scored a couple of the O'connell's NOS brooks OCBD shirts (which are currently at my tailors being re-cut). I'm not all that impressed with the collar roll but I will post picks when they're wearable.

Yeah, it seems that although the forum idealizes unlined collars, the real thing gets a cool reception. I think people actually prefer the body and smooth curves of an interfaced collar.
post #103 of 309
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post
Yeah, it seems that although the forum idealizes unlined collars, the real thing gets a cool reception. I think people actually prefer the body and smooth curves of an interfaced collar.

An unlined collar produced a very, very nice roll if done right. I should take some photos of my Mercer shirts. Current BB and BBBF collars pale infront of my Mercer collars.
post #104 of 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by srivats View Post
An unlined collar produced a very, very nice roll if done right. I should take some photos of my Mercer shirts. Current BB and BBBF collars pale infront of my Mercer collars.

I've heard a lot of good things about Mercer--I'm tempted to buy one just so I can... draw inspiration from... the collar.
post #105 of 309
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataturk View Post
I've heard a lot of good things about Mercer--I'm tempted to buy one just so I can... draw inspiration from... the collar.

Remember that the cut is baggy, even if you ask them to slim it down. Even their logo says "Baggier Better". They are pricey as well. However, they do make a really good button down collar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The OCBD collar roll thread